Westly to Crush Schwartzenegger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westly to Crush Schwartzenegger

The latest L.A. Times polls shows Democratic candidate Steve Westly pulling out to a comfortable lead over his opponents.

Democratic voters favor moderate Westly over liberal Phil Angelides 33%-20% (albeit, with a whopping 49% still undecided for the primary election in June.)

Meanwhile, polls of all voters show that over the past six months, Angelides's slim 3 point lead over Schwartzenegger has evaporated, and the two are now tied 43%-43%.

But during those same six months, Westly's lead over Schwartzenegger has nearly doubled, growing from 38%-33% up to 48%-39%.

What?

Comment

Better thread title would have been: Westly To Terminate Schartzenegger.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

steve who?
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

...Westly. Controller of California; helped found e-Bay; using his five years teaching at Stanford to position himself as a teacher. Lots of trees and oceans scenes in his TV ads...reminds me of Reagan's "Morning in America" campaign.

Comment

I was hoping this would be about Star Trek too.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Please don't jack our California thread you haters from lessor states.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                I was hoping this would be about Star Trek too.
                That's Wesley (in Star Trek). Nice try though.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

What do you have against Maryland? Maryland is totally the best state. It has crabs and red dirt and... uh... yeah.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                    What do you have against Maryland? Maryland is totally the best state. It has crabs and red dirt and... uh... yeah.
                    You don't have Hollywood, or Stanford professors who found e-bay, among many other things.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Too bad

The Democratic leaders don't agree with the people. Angelides will lead them.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Wesley?

Comment

Why is there a pic of "GW Bush nekkid" among the image search results for Wil Wheaton?

Comment

Dang just realised Richelieu beat me to IT

My Wesley takes his Wesley out at any time though

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                              Wesley?

Heh.
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X