X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslims massacre Hindus in Kashmir

Link

Kashmir extremists massacre 22 Hindus

Srinagar (dpa) - At least 22 Hindus were killed by suspected Muslim militants in India's Jammu and Kashmir state Monday, the police said.

The militants attacked remote Kalhan village in Doda district, about 230km southwest of state winter capital Jammu, in the early hours of Monday, Jammu inspector general of police SP Vaid said.

Eight people were injured in the attack. They have been rushed to hospitals in Jammu town.

Sources said militants of the Lashkar-e-Toiba group were responsible for the incident.

Police and army personnel have rushed to the spot. "We have sent parties to verify the details. The area is hilly and far-off. It will take a while to confirm the exact details, a senior police official told IANS news agency.

According to reports, a large group of militants came down from the forests surrounding the village, pulled Hindu villagers out of their homes and shot them.

It was the second militant attack on Hindus in the state in the past two days. On Saturday, militants abducted and killed four Hindus in Udhampur district.

The attacks come days before a round of talks between leaders of the separatist All Parties Hurriyat Conference and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh scheduled to be held in New Delhi on May 3 and 4.

Jammu and Kashmir has a majority Muslim population, but some districts like Doda have several villages with minority Hindu populations.

There have been attacks on Hindus in Jammu and Kashmir by Muslim terrorists in the past. The first was in August 1993 when 16 Hindu bus passengers were segregated and shot dead, also in Doda district.

More than 70,000 people - security personnel, militants and civilians - have died in Jammu and Kashmir in a violent separatist movement that peaked in 1989.

India alleges that neighbouring Pakistan aids and abets Muslim militants who routinely infiltrate across the Line of Control that divides India- and Pakistan-administered Kashmir to launch attacks in the state. It is a charge that Pakistan denies.

Both India and Pakistan claim the Himalayan region in its entirety and have fought two wars over it.
    Not much to say , I guess , other than that I condemn this . The Doda district has a history of Muslims killing Hindus - 25 Hindus were killed in 1998 , and 15 more in 2001 .

Have you ever been there?
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Damn. I thought this was a hockey thread.

*runs for cover
      I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

"According to reports, a large group of militants came down from the forests surrounding the village, pulled Hindu villagers out of their homes and shot them. "

They did a "selection" - disgusting. My thoughts are with the people of India.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark My thoughts are with the people of India.
          Yep. Including the muslims getting knocked out by the other side, the kids growing up surrounded by violence, the women just doing their best to survive, the, the ...
          Oh screw it!

Hockey thread!

Comment

You know, if Hindus would just go ahead and homicide bomb the Muslims, we'd put a stop to all of this sectarian violence.
            B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
              You know, if Hindus would just go ahead and homicide bomb the Muslims, we'd put a stop to all of this sectarian violence.

Please explain why this should be special - I mean, isn't that what you usually do with bombs ?
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I use bombs to blow up the financial institutions of America and set everybody's credit back to zero.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Please explain why this should be special - I mean, isn't that what you usually do with bombs ?
                  Well, sometimes you just use them as demolition charges. Other times, to test on rocks to see how well the big boom is.

Still others, you use them on nuclear reactors to set back a nuclear program several years.

*shrugs* It's all in the context.
                  B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                    I use bombs to ... set everybody's credit back to zero.

Ooh, ooh. Do me! Do me!

Comment

It won't work. Banks have backup. You need a revolution.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Are you saying Fight Club lied to me?!
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

You can't talk about it!
                          What?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                            Are you saying Fight Club lied to me?!
                            Didn't you see the end. The guy was just a nut.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I'm writing Chuck Palansdsficaucuck about this. I'm very upset.

Comment

Working...
                              X