No announcement yet.

Riddle.. Heard this one before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the wikipedia page discussing the many version of this riddle (emphais added ):
    This version is usually stated with the word "one" capitalized, which is a hint at the solution: There are three words in the English language that end in "gry." The first ONE is "hungry," the second is "angry," and the third everyONE uses everyday. If you have read this carefully I have given a clue.

The answer is supposedly "one," which is the third "one." Probably because this answer does not make much sense, this version has a variant which contains more instances of the capitalized word "one." The idea is that the capitalized "one" is a hint for the letter a, which when prefixed to the sound "gree" yields the answer word "agree."

Comment

"The quick brown fox jumps over lazy dogs along the Mississippi River." How many i's does this contain?

Spoiler:

1. Along with 1 t, 1 h and 1 s.

Comment

I demand better riddles.

Comment

Ok. What is green and red, has eight legs, and goes round and round at an incredible speed?

Spoiler:

Two frogs in a blender.

Sorry Heresson..

Comment

Wii
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

oooh, good riddle Skanky
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                Ok. What is green and red, has eight legs, and goes round and round at an incredible speed?
                lmao
                One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

The Joe Cartoon Co. has specialized in the sick and wrong since March 20, 1961

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                    gry is a word

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gry
                    Pwned methinks
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I admitted defeat gracefully

Comment

Working...
                      X