Down with the evil Gas lords III: Kaak's Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down with the evil Gas lords III: Kaak's Redemption

Okay, so maybe some of you guys know more than me. Maybe I was wrong about some things. But I think you don't know more about oil than the Energy Minister of Qatar.

Price of oil would drop $15 if politicians shut up

Told you so
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

So wait... if oil prices drop if politicians shut up (I assume he means if Bush stops threatening everyone in the Mid East... where, btw, most of the oil comes from, Mr. President), that means that companies have been conspiring to keep the prices high?

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

RTFA
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Huh??

He's saying oil would be at $60 if politicians shut up. First $60 is not exactly low and also I am wondering if whether part of the "shutting up" would include Chavez putting a sock in it and forgetting his expropriation plans

I take as a given that Iranian and US negative commentary is a factor
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          So wait... if oil prices drop if politicians shut up (I assume he means if Bush stops threatening everyone in the Mid East... where, btw, most of the oil comes from, Mr. President), that means that companies have been conspiring to keep the prices high?

Ya -- I was perplexed by that as well and I did read the article.

The only things it highlights is that people's belief's as to the current and future supply situation is important
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Al Attiyah said the record oil prices of more than $75 per barrel was the result of fears and speculation within the market
            IE:
            NOT Increased Demand
            NOT decreased supply
            NOT not any of the other crap you guys were saying

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak

IE:
              NOT Increased Demand
              NOT decreased supply
              NOT not any of the other crap you guys were saying
              Not to quibble-- but these fears are totally about "decreased supply" -- People are gobbling up supplies now because they are afraid that Iranian supply could be in jeapordy.

Don't you get that perception is a big part of things

Oh and his :fear comments brings things back to $60 . That still way higher than the past.

Comment

KILL THIS **** ALREADY!!!

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I am actually amazed that you can take a quote about supply fears and try to spin it so it wasn't about supply.

On the fundamentals perhaps oil should return to the 60s but as long as these fears exist it will increase current demand since people will want stockpile as a much as they can as a hedge against supply interruptions.

Hell its all about the supply and the demand

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                    KILL THIS **** ALREADY!!!

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No then I would have to work . ..

and since I have a new job arranged the incentive is low

Comment

STOP TALKING PEOPLE! YOU'RE PUTTING THE PRICE OF CRUDE UP! HUSH!
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                        I am actually amazed that you can take a quote about supply fears and try to spin it so it wasn't about supply.

On the fundamentals perhaps oil should return to the 60s but as long as these fears exist it will increase current demand since people will want stockpile as a much as they can as a hedge against supply interruptions.

Hell its all about the supply and the demand
                        Flubs, since the first thread I have maintained that fears of supply disruptions had more effect than actual supply disruptions. It was one of the things KH started making fun of me for.

Comment

Ahhhh. This takes me back to the old multithread Com/Cap debates.

On topic the capacity only expanded a small piece, but imports increased quite a bit.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

From Flubber in the other thread,

of course that one year with an 18% ROR.
                            The ROR is completely irrelevent of course, but you just have to keep bringing that up.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak

Flubs, since the first thread I have maintained that fears of supply disruptions had more effect than actual supply disruptions. It was one of the things KH started making fun of me for.
                              More impacts NO-- Fear mongering is shorter term. Real disruptions fundamentally change the supply available

Comment

Working...
                              X