Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He says we don't need a memorial . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He says we don't need a memorial . . . . .

Shall we admire this Republican's uber-obsession with budget control?

NO MORE FEDERAL ACQUISITIONS!!!!
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Rep Taylor is correct here. Maybe if they can raise the money they said they would it could be different, but even then... what is the deficit?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

we should have a Memorial Memorial

one big generic memorial on which we put events that we would like to remember

kind of like the Stanley CUp
      Monkey!!!

Comment

He doesn't want a memorial for victims of 9/11? What an *******.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

they got a movie
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
            we should have a Memorial Memorial

one big generic memorial on which we put events that we would like to remember

kind of like the Stanley CUp
            Good idea!

Let's just start carving stuff onto the Washinton Monument. There's plenty of room, and it's already been built.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Rep Taylor is correct here. Maybe if they can raise the money they said they would it could be different, but even then... what is the deficit?

Oh no!!!!!! Our country will sink underwater and the Earth will blow up if the federal government spends for this memorial!
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Approaching $350 billion per year. If we cut some of the $500 billion dollar military budget (which is filled with worthless pork) or the farm subsidies or or closed tax loop holes or half a dozen other things then I think the government could come up with their $35 million share. Then the monkey is on those peoples' backs.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Approaching $350 billion per year. If we cut some of the $500 billion dollar military budget (which is filled with worthless pork) or the farm subsidies or or closed tax loop holes or half a dozen other things then I think the government could come up with their $35 million share. Then the monkey is on those peoples' backs.
                  its larger then that, the true size of the deficit is being hidden by raiding SS, and other means. fighting this memorial won't make a dent in that deficit. The representative may be fighting the Red Islamic Crescent of Embrace though.

Comment

I agree with Taylor. The plans for this memorial seem out of control.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

fighting this memorial won't make a dent in that deficit.

The deficit wasn't built in a day. It comes from small projects that build up (ie, pork).
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

A generic memorial.
                        Wonderful. We can move on to generic birth cerificates. Tombstones. Why stop there? Generic driver's licenses. No more trips to Dept of Motor Vehicles.

Yes indeed. Quite a plan.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

"This monument is dedicated to all those who served, or provided help, or gave the ultimate sacrifice, or whatever, during all those wars and stuff. You will never be forgotten, whoever you were."
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

If they were all that great, they wouldn't have crashed the plane. They would have flown it into Mecca.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                              they got a movie
                              So did the dead Ben Affleck-J. Lo romance. It was called Gigli, and I'm told it was horrible. A movie just isn't much of a consolation anymore, I think.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X