No announcement yet.

Stephen Harper reaches a new low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And again, the troops there are against having their own coffins blasted into livingrooms from coast to coast.

What about that do you not get?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yes, I wouldn't want my coffin shown on TV, at least not for another 60 years please.

And many families do want the coverage, and have said they appreciated it, yet the Conservatives banned the coverage without asking them.

What part of this do you not get.
      Last edited by Tingkai; April 28, 2006, 08:42.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

Can we change the title of this thread to "Tingkai reaches a new low" yet?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You know the Devils are going to crash soon, eh. You'll get your hopes up and then boom, they're gone.
          Golfing since 67

Comment

Btw, how many Canadian teams have won Lord Stanley's Cup in the last 10 years?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

What don't you like that Ont and BC are both in favour of?
              An abondonment of the principle of free trade and surrendering when we were right. If I arranged a plea deal for a client that had the law so strongly on his side, I would not see that client again...

So what did the Americans learn from this?

1) Violate your signed trade agreements and levy unfair and ILLEGAL duties
              2) Dig in your heals and refuse to accept any legal rulings on the issue
              3) What for the wimpy Canadians to give in
              4) Scoop their cash and share of the industry and set your sights on the next industry you can't compete with fairly

What industry is next and where does it end?

Btw, you realise this 'deal' is only for seven years? How much do you want to bet we are worse off after the next round of 'negotiations'?

As for the flag policy... I'm mixed. It's a nice gesture when we have a few blue helmets out there, but it's not really very productive during major combat, is it?
              I'm not overly opposed to the flag decision but you must confess it is a flip flop for the conservatives (it was after all a Conservative that got this current practice started....)

As for the media televising 'home comings', again mixed, although I have heard that soldiers in Afghanistan (and some families) are against it, and again, do we really need to allow the media the 'freedom' to undermine national morale?
              First, the government did not consult ANY families before making the decision. Their wishes were not part of the equation.

Secondly, Cite one single instance where the Canadian media has been disrespectful in this regard. Just one.

As to undermining national morale - That is complete unadulterated BS! Canadians will support the cause if it is just.

Can you imagine the effect of TV when the coffins came home after Dieppe in 1942? Wait, forget it. We didn't get the bodies back.
              It would have strengthened our resolve.

Are you familiar with the effects of the lists of the dead posted between 1915-18?
              Poor reading of history as Tingkai pointed out.

Now, make a major TV production out of it.
              Huh?
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                Poor reading of history as Tingkai pointed out.
                Reading Pierre Burton doesn't count, son.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
                  Canadians knew about the debacle of Dieppe during the war.
                  No they didn't know the whole story because of censorship. It was all very interesting really because a different story emerged after the expiration of the Official Secrets Act on WW2. According to The Man Called Intrepid, the Germans got wind of the raid. The Allies knew this because they had broken German codes through the capture of an Enigma machine. The Allies had to go ahead with Dieppe anyway so that the other side wouldn't suspect their codes were broken.

But back to topic - I am always amazed that Liberals hold non-Liberal PMs to such a higher standard than they do Liberal PMs.

Pretend the Liberals were in power. Can you imagine someone crossing the floor to the Liberal side being asked to resign? Furor over how high the flag flies? Complaining about a softwood lumber deal?

Comment

I'm no Liberal.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X