Help with finding some new music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with finding some new music

So I've found a few bands I really like, but am running rather low on ideas otherwise. Some assstance would be appreciated in the way of suggestions. I'd prefer modern music this time, not classical. Here's a list of music I like, and if you enjoy similar stuff then please mention it.
    Bands/Artists I like a lot:
    Queen
    Pink Floyd
    Elliot Smith
    Stan Getz

Bands/Artists I like (in no particular order):
    BB King
    Miles Davis
    Aracde Fire
    Audioslave
    Radiohead
    Wolfmother
    Nick Drake (he's a bit slow though and boring sometimes though...)
    Johnny Cash (except not his cheerful country stuff. He seems to do sad songs well though, and maybe that's what country music does well, but damn anything other than is just wierd and lame).
    Jeff Buckley

Bands/Artists I'm curious about [if you listen to these and would recommend some songs to get, that would be good, as I have only a few):
    Dresden Dolls

Thank ye kindly.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Re: Help with finding some new music

Originally posted by Zevico
    So I've found a few bands I really like, but am running rather low on ideas otherwise. Some assstance would be appreciated in the way of suggestions. I'd prefer modern music this time, not classical. Here's a list of music I like, and if you enjoy similar stuff then please mention it.
    If you are willing to try something a little different, check out this site and search for the bands Värttinä, Hedningarna, Sorten Muld and Gjallarhorn. They each have a number of albums and each one has a free sample track available from it.

In a different vein, you might want to try Nightwish. It is a bit heavier than the bands you mentioned, but I have yet to meet anyone that didn't like at least some of their music.
    Bands/Artists I'm curious about [if you listen to these and would recommend some songs to get, that would be good, as I have only a few):
    Dresden Dolls
    Girl Anachronism

Comment

Working...
    X