Italians "are not ready for convenience in the way Americans are"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah. Vegas has lost it's charm.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

yeah I miss dead bodies floating in the lake, or chopped up and buried in the desert. .

actually we still get those. But it's mostly gang related or domestic disputes.

Comment

It's just not the same.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Gone with the wind are the good times of yore
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

80% iron all of their laundry... so?

Comment

I haven't ironed my clothes since I was in the navy. I'm so lazy.

Comment

I should have married an Italian woman, I'm so damned inconvenient that she'd surely love me.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Nice.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I don't even own an iron.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I do since I have to iron slacks for work.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Don't you just take your pants to the cleaners?
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

We almost never iron. My wife will only do it if she feels she must (meeting w/big-wig or somesuch).

Drycleaning: bah, only for my suit (notice the singular), which I almost never wear.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                          X