Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay Classy, San Diego

One more week(ish) and I am outta here!
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Go **** yourself, San Diego
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

where to?

Comment

Re: Stay Classy, San Diego

Originally posted by Lonestar
        One more week(ish) and I am outta here!
        Let's go out. I haven't seen you in like 3 years.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Go **** yourself, San Diego
          Better then that **** hole Atlanta.

Comment

I'd love to have been stationed in San Diego.

Imran just doesn't realize how much a better port that is than Norfolk, Virginia. Norfolk is a ****hole.

Comment

Ha ha! Oerdin looks like an idiot now!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

nothin' beats Pascagoula, Mississippi though. . I was so bored there, I started posting here. Now I'm stuck here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                  where to?
                  Carrier on the East Coast. I want to go to Europe next, having done the WESTPAC thing.

Let's go out. I haven't seen you in like 3 years.
                  How about this weekend? Unless you end up having to babysit or something
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Ha ha! Oerdin looks like an idiot now!
                    Because I stated the obvious? Yes, I suppose you are right that everyone knows San Diego is better then Atlanta.

Comment

Oerdin...dude, go watch Anchorman.

Comment

Maybe I should rent it tonight.

Comment

Oerdin...dude, go watch Anchorman.
                          And Oerdin is... PWNED!

Comment

Not at all. Everything I have said is true.

That said I've watched about 1/3 of anchorman and I've had to pause it since the cheese factor was so high. I have enjoyed the inside jokes about the city and I've been amazed how the computer guys have been able to edit out the 1980's & 1990's skyscrappers so that the city appears to be in the 1970's, but, it's a bit to corny for me. I suppose I'll watch the rest just to get my $3.99's worth out of it but so far I'm only thinking it is average.

On the upside I could sware Loinburger and I (along with a few others) had a Speakeasy meet at the bar those two went on a date at. It was in Mission Hills and Raijer recommended it.

Comment

Carrier on the East Coast. I want to go to Europe next, having done the WESTPAC thing.

How about this weekend? Unless you end up having to babysit or something
                              errm, which carrier? . I used to be stationed on carrier on the East Coast. All of them are in Norfolk except the Kennedy.

ahhh, Med cruise. Not so bad. Maybe not as many loose women as on west pacs (or so I've been told). But Europe is a great continent to see. The only complaints is I couldn't see northern European countries such as germany and England. I really want to get to germany someday.

Too bad both my med cruises were in the winter . Going to Spain in the summer is very cool. . I've been to Palma and Barcelona.

I've been to Marseilles, France. So so I guess.

Naples, Italy. Not that great. But on a carrier in engineering I was able to get 3 duty sections, which meant we could get 2 days off. And I took a 2 day tour of Rome. Rome I thought was very cool. . But on my helo carrier I was on 24 hours on, 24 hours off. I basically just got drunk then. I couldn't see much to see in Naples since the cleaned it up. What fun is it with no hookers? . But they cleaned all the hookers out of that place.

Sigonella, Sicily. I was basically only here waiting for transport aboard my ship (I was on emergency leave). I got stuck in Palermo, Sicily on the side of the volcano for about 11 days. It was okay I guess. I just couldn't seem to find much to do. It's tough when you don't know where the cool places to go are.

Trieste, Italy. I don't remember much about this one, other than it was cold.

Rhodes, Greece. It was pretty cool I guess. Had all the old city walls. acropolis thingy. Whatever those were. I don't know much about the greeks. sorry. . I was more interested in the Romans.

Antalya, Turkey. so-so.

Bahrain and United Arab Emrites. I'm sure you know all about those two persian gulf ports.

And that's all the places I have been to. Never did the equator thing. We only got within a few hundred miles. But events in the persian gulf dictated we make post hast to the gulf. No time to detour to the equator.

The only other ports I have been to have been during workups. They call it gitmo (though we don't actually go to gitmo). We do exercises in the carribean. I have been to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. A very cool port. What can I say- I love america. . And St. Martin a dutch/french carribean island. Another excellent port. cheap booze and cheap hookers.

Comment

Working...
                              X