Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More bombs in Egypt

Doesn't sound good

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Blasts reported in Egypt resort
    BBC breaking news graphic
    Three explosions have been reported in the Egyptian resort town of Dahab, on the east side of the Sinai peninsula.

Police said there were casualties in the blasts, according to the Associated Press news agency.

They said more than 20 ambulances and police cars were rushing to the el-Masbat area of the city, AP said.

"There is smoke coming from the area and there are people running everywhere," one witness told Reuters news agency.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Update same site :

At least 22 people have been killed and scores more injured in three explosions in the Egyptian resort town of Dahab, reports say.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Haaretz says 30 dead. Israel has offered help, via both Magen David Adom (Red Star of David) and the IDF.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

For ****s sake.

I probably mentioned, but I'm living in Egypt for 3 months in the summer. Not looking forward to the extra security and policemen that need bribing.

On the upside though, it should make the airfare cheaper out there.
        Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

That's a stretch for an upside.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I suppose. Whatever I save in airfare will probably be spent on extra bribes and security stuff.

I wonder who was behind it?
            Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Knevil
              I suppose. Whatever I save in airfare will probably be spent on extra bribes and security stuff.

An attack in Sinai, where a certain org has been active in the past. Coordinated multiple explosions. I give you three guesses.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Yeah, but.... the Egyptian Government has just released a load of old Islamic Jihad members from jail, and there are number of other groups out there.

Although you're probably right, it is some al-Q inspired group.

When I say 'group', I mean gaggle of idiots who sadly had the wherewithall to make a few bombs.
                Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Best wishes to the egyptians.

In further news:

Would be suicide bomber captured on eve of holocaust memorial day in Israel.

IDF soldiers detained Monday a terrorist planning to carry out a suicide bombing in Israel.

The would-be bomber was nabbed near the community of Adam, north of Jerusalem, without his explosive belt, which he was supposed to receive
                  later on. Security officials later told Ynet: "A terror attack on Holocaust Day or the next day was prevented."[

Comment

Remember that Islam is a religion of peace.

I just wish the word would reach some of Islams followers.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The worst thing is that they seems to have evolved some kind of inteligence. This time the seems to have used remotely activated bombs. At earlier attacks the darwin effect at least did good work

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The remote bombs are very popular in Iraq as IEDs. The Islamists have figured out these are extremely easy to make and don't envolve blowing their members up so they're switching over. Or at least a lot of them are.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

In further news:
                          Pathetic
                          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            The remote bombs are very popular in Iraq as IEDs. The Islamists have figured out these are extremely easy to make and don't envolve blowing their members up so they're switching over. Or at least a lot of them are.
                            You mean they've perfected their bomb-making techniques at their Iraq training ground and are exporting these skills elsewhere!!? Surely not...

So that's ALL THREE of the major Sinai Red Sea resorts hit in the last 18 months - where next, Hellgada!?

I bet holidays to Egypt will be real cheap now...
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Knevil

I would be very surprised if you had to bribe a single security guy while you're there - the worst you'll get is some overzealous temple guard expecting some 'baksheesh' for pointing out something interesting...
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                              X