Quite interesting results...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite interesting results...

As of lately, I've been extremely busy with school stuff and it continues as such as I'm starting in my new job next week and have 5 exams to do while working.

Now.. I've had projects, they've all went well, however, some if my written work has gotten interesting results. There were few papers that I really put some effort into, and basically all I got was pretty average results. Well, they were rated good, but still, it's kind of averagish. I was a bit disappointed because I compared the effort I put into it. I felt failed.

Now, then there were few other papers I returned, and them I just put together last night in a hurry, you know and they contained lots of technical stuff as well as blaablaa stuff. I just winged them basically, and scored excellent on all of them. I got full points (we don't rate to 100 points in here, it's quite difficult to get 'full points' and best paper isn't autimatically that, you have to excell every time to get it and show something special).. so I got like a row of excellents. That is weird. You know, I didn't even proof read them, most of them. I just typed furiously stuff that I believed was correct and well explained, taking account proper things but.. still.

What does this mean? I guess it means I sohuld continue winging it and not over analyze? Maybe I'm over analyzing and just don't know it, and when I have time, it seems I discard things I feel is useless or 'trivial'. Weird I say. Weird.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

It means that what you think the graders are looking for and what the graders are actually looking for might be two different things.

You may have written an excellent paper, but got an average grade, because you left out something the wanted; like blaablaa stuff and technical stuff
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Right. I tend to leave the blaablaablaa out. I hate paper that has too much things in it. If you can't say it shorter, then it sucks. In papers that is.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

It means that what you think the graders are looking for and what the graders are actually looking for might be two different things.

You may have written an excellent paper, but got an average grade, because you left out something the wanted; like blaablaa stuff and technical stuff
        That's also the reason why I often fail (i.e. score "average" or "good") at written exams compared to oral exams.
        I can make my point and explain why this and how that, but at written exams, I somehow fail because my texts are rather short and don't repeat irrelevant or self-explaining stuff. But the graders rather skim the texts of written exams for key words.
        Short text, some missing key words --> Average
        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Well, it seems like we need to make papers for ***** so.. you know not my fault.
          In da butt.

Comment

I tend to leave the blaablaablaa out
            really?

perhaps you should write your papers like you are going to post here

and poste here like you are writing your papers
            Monkey!!!

Comment

haha, I sense DESPERATION!

NO!! I have no mercy on you sinful souls..

Truth to be told, I usually have to do just technical papers. Now that I have some blaablaablaa papers to do, it seems like they are going really well even if I try to fail.

With technical papers, I like to present the facts and stay on topic only. I mean, if you want to know something else, read another paper. I just write them like I want to read them, short, informative and with a taste of VENGEANCE!

Seems like I need to add some poems to them.
              In da butt.

Comment

We have to do a lot of papers with word counts and I find that word counts help you with the blah blah blah part.

And I've always been told (by lecturers and tutors) that when writing a paper its safest to assume that the reader is in fact a ******.

Comment

Working...
                X