Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why those sex offender registriies need to be reformed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sex offender registeries

Just one or three steps away from all of us being on a registry ...

Big Brother's watching you ...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Who'd push a DL from 2003 to "prince" to unleash him upon us in 2006?

I fear that sod is just a real soab.
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Its a Spink kind of thing to do. He's got a lot of long term DL's kicking around.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Sex offender registries are an abomination
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

No actually I'm all for knowing if I have a sex offender living in my vicinity. I have teenage kids and certainly wanna know. What happened to the people in that story was most unfortunate and should never have happened.

Everyone has a right to be forewarned.
            One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

BUTTT on the other hand, the qualifications that get people on the registry need to be re-written. Someone that had sex with their girlfriend concentually shouldnt be classed amoung child rapists.
              One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

I agree. Statutory rape (I.E. the example of the 19 year old teen who had a girlfriend just under 16) shouldn't be put on the same list as guys who break into houses and rape women. Especial if it's a case where the couple later got married.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Playful
                  Everyone has a right to be forewarned.
                  i missed this one in my government class in high school.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Playful
                    BUTTT on the other hand, the qualifications that get people on the registry need to be re-written. Someone that had sex with their girlfriend concentually shouldnt be classed amoung child rapists.
                    I agree. And I don't think that statutory rape, despite the word rape in it, should be considered a sex crime.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                    X