Sound Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Cards

I got some more memory. More hdd. I suppose I'm in the process of restoring this pieceof**** pc.

Why the attitude, you ask? I think my sound card bit the big one. So I'm looking.

i'm thinking this middle of the road. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1118841165481

There's probably going to be debate among you about all these varying things, but remember if you would.

A) What about this sound card?
    and/or

B) Try to reach some kind of concensus so that after all is said and done, I have a damned clue.

Thanks in advance.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Ok. Sound working. Skip down to another.

Motherboards and processors. I know I want AMD. What else?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Hey, just a note to say I ride a Harley 1200 Sportster (Roadster). Saw your avatar and had to say something.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Unless an audiophile is you, integrated sound is fine

Comment

Yin, I can tell you're a man of good taste.

Integrated sound is fine. Noted.

Comment

This website is for sale! shsc.info is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, shsc.info has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

This website is for sale! shsc.info is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, shsc.info has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Get yourself a decent but not overly expensive card. ( Audigy 2 or something).
              It's not something you need to upgrade everytime time, so you might aswell invest in something decent.

Note that onboard also takes more resources away from your processor.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yeah, it depends on what you are going to do with it. Serious gaming or using it as a sound system, then go for the Audigy, or if you want to throw down a little bit more, the entry level X-Fi.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

This pc is essentially a jukebox.

Since card is working, I though maybe starting at what drives it all. Processor and such.

Comment

I've had this PC for about three years but I have not come across any compelling reason to upgrade, which it is virtually time for. So I have bought a new TV instead
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                    X