Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

san francisco
    seattle
    manhattan
    hillsborough
    burlingame
    portola valley
    santa cruz
    monterey
    rome
    florence
    crete
    chicago

anywhere that has interesting culture and nightlife, or is really small and laid back and coastal.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Some place tropical.

Hawaii, if I only had enough money to live on.

Philippines, if I have extra money to pump into the economy, i.e. build factories, schools, etc. It's a wonderful place, with friendly people, but the poverty is frustrating, and you just want to grab the country by its collective earlobes and yank it into properity.

Maybe Mauritius. It's wonderful but could use some culture. There's no humanity classes at the university, and it's almost impossible to find a bookshop or library.

Comment

I'd sign up for naked woman island but I'm sure with my luck it would turn out to be populated by obese 65 year old retirees. :barf:
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Mingapulco!
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Re: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Originally posted by Dis
            assuming you had all the money you needed to live anywhere you wanted to. Where would you live?

some island in the south pacific perhaps? full of naked women?

naked women are not for me. . My answer will sound lame. But I already live in my dream location. I'd stay right where I am. Las Vegas.
            I like Knoxville, where I live now. Beautiful mountain country, peaceful, uncrowded, low living expenses. Why not stay?

Comment

I like Washington a lot, but there are of course negative factors. I'd love the weather of San Jose, f.e.
              Last edited by DanS; April 23, 2006, 21:04.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Anywhere but Sunderland.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

My private island in the South Pacific. Barring that, Vancouver.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    Sorry, no.

All good.

I'm just jealous
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

In a small dark corner, most likely. In other words, where I live now.
                      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                      "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                      Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Working...
                      X