Ellsworth AFB foam test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellsworth AFB foam test

Just another great moment in Air Force history...

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

heh, awesome.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

How did the guys inside get out?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

reading further into the thread it seems it was intentional, that the text with that thread is misleading, and the system did better then expected, it didn't fail to shut off.

the guys inside got out because they opened the hangar doors to let the foam out.

Comment

I've seen worse.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
            I've seen worse.
            yeah, trying giving kids a bath...with bubble bath..... seems to generate the same result
            "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
            "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Yeah, and I have seven kids.

As far as Air Force accidents go, I was recalling an incident in Damascus, Arkansas in September 1980 where a dropped wrench caused a nuclear missile to explode in its silo. The warhead flew off and was found in a farmer's field about half a mile away.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

" I have seven kids"

Jesus H. !!!
                "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Yep, spreading his filthy genes where they ain't wanted.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    Yep, spreading his filthy genes where they ain't wanted.
                    Trust me, it was greatly desired and well received.

Comment

Working...
                    X