Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How easily can you get a date with a woman (or man)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How easily can you get a date with a woman (or man)?

It seems to me some people can do it easy as pie. But for others (who shall remain nameless ), it's impossible.

People always ask me why I don't have a wife and/or kids, or a girlfriend. I never know what to tell them. I usually tell them the truth, because I don't want them to think I'm gay or a paedophile. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay, it just doesn't help my chances of getting a girlfriend.

But my friend didn't believe me when I said I was shy and didn't have much luck with women. She simply couldn't believe I could not get a girlfriend. Of course she has a better opinion of me than I have of myself. That's one reason.

And then my buddy at work is always trying to get me to go to a filipino nightclub. I've been to night clubs, I have no more chance of getting a date there than on the street or at a supermarket. He's a good looking black guy. All a good looking black guy has to do is look at a woman, and he can get a date with her. He just doesn't understand difficult it is for us white guys .

But enough blathering about me. How easy can you get a date and or get a girlfriend? And for you women and/or gay posters, how easy can you get dates with men?

So if you had to get a date in 7 days, could you do it?

Probably not...

Pretty sure not, actually.

Honestly, I am worse with girls that you are. By a long shot.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I could ask my wife out on a date. She'd probably say yes.

Seriously, Dis, it's much easier to develop a relationship with someone you're already friends with than to just ask out a total stranger.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I have few female freinds, and have had few female freinds since I started college. And most of them I wasn't interested in..

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
          Seriously, Dis, it's much easier to develop a relationship with someone you're already friends with than to just ask out a total stranger.
          Undermining popular misconceptions
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I'm married so I'm not willing to risk the ensuing death
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Let's just say I have a higher chance winning a million in the lottery, than getting a date

The only girls I know are either already taken or family
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I could ask Kontiki's wife on a date. She'd probably say no, but that's not much different than any other woman...
                What?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                  I have few female freinds, and have had few female freinds since I started college. And most of them I wasn't interested in..

Jon Miller
                  I didn't mean to imply morphing a long-time friendship into a relationship, but rather becoming friends with a woman you are interested in before taking it to the next level. I've had relationships that developed both ways - transition from friendship and asking someone old cold. The better ones always seemed to be when you had a hard time pinpointing when you stopped being "just friends" and started to actually date. Such is the case with my wife, although truthfully I was interested in dating her right from the start.
                  "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I could ask my wife out on a date. She'd probably say yes.

A fan of Storge!
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I never found it that difficult.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

[q=Dis]But my friend didn't believe me when I said I was shy and didn't have much luck with women. She simply couldn't believe I could not get a girlfriend. Of course she has a better opinion of me than I have of myself. That's one reason. [/q]

She so wants your penis.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I didn't mean to imply morphing a long-time friendship into a relationship, but rather becoming friends with a woman you are interested in before taking it to the next level. I've had relationships that developed both ways - transition from friendship and asking someone old cold. The better ones always seemed to be when you had a hard time pinpointing when you stopped being "just friends" and started to actually date. Such is the case with my wife, although truthfully I was interested in dating her right from the start.
                          the problem with that I encounter is I enter the "just friends" category, and have no hope of a romantic relationship.

I know there's some kind of transition you must do, and you have to do it early. I just don't know how to do it.

Comment

Actually, whenever I think about it I get deprsesed.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Sometimes I think there's some kind of secret or trick that I don't know about when it comes to getting women. Maybe it's some secret handshake .

It's so easy for some guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X