What will be this centuries WW2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will be this centuries WW2?

WW2 seemed to define the 20th century. What event do you think will define the 21st century?

This is so open a question, that I don't plan on posting a poll.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Just out of curiosity, what was the 19th Century's WWII? Or 18th or 17th?

Do all centuries have singular, world-defining events?
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Those would be good threads too!

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

The 21st century will be epitomized by massive migrations and transference of the developed world's power to the developing nations, particularly China and India.

It will be remembered as the century that European and American decadence cost them their civilization and their whole way of life.

Comment

You are a moron.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Last night, before he edited it out, he said that the New Testament was antisemitic because it attempted to redefine the Jewish God so that they were not the chosen people any more.

I think it's alexander's horse.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              You are a moron.

I shudder to think what that would make you, if it were true.

Comment

Philosophiser 2.0
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                  Last night, before he edited it out, he said that the New Testament was antisemitic because it attempted to redefine the Jewish God so that they were not the chosen people any more.

When the 'New' Testament is not talking about how the sun shines out of Jesus' backside, it's usually taking a stab at the Jews.

Or do you only have one of the sanitized, apple pie-ified 'Message' editions of the Bible?

Comment

Given that I learned about Christianity at the hands of the Jesuits, no.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'd like to know which passages you find anti-semitic, by the way. The New Testament is far more anti-Roman than anti-Semitic...
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Not to mention the fact that your post last night mentions nothing about the New Testament taking stabs at the Jews, and instead concentrated on your indignation that Christians dared to say that the role of the Jews as the chosen people was no longer important...
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Bunnies.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                            I'd like to know which passages you find anti-semitic, by the way. The New Testament is far more anti-Roman than anti-Semitic...

Well, I am probably not as knowledgeable as you about the NT, but here's one thing:

Consider those passages from Matthew 23. Particularly Matthew 23: 8, 'But you are not to be called "Rabbi," for you have only one Master and you are all brothers.'

This is pure filth, and it is contrary to the whole spirit of the Hebrew Scriptures. There, we see the tragedy of ancient Israel being led astray from God's law, refusing to follow His divine commandments as revealed to Moses, despite the fact that all the heathen nations kept attacking them.

Now when Israel followed God's law, as it did under David, Jehoshaphat, Asa, and the other righteous kings of Judah, it prospered and smote the Gentiles from off the land.

But now what do we see in the NT? We see a upstart called Jesus preaching that following the Law is NOT to be commended and instead one should be a pacifist, one should not care about one's birthright, and one should simply stop worshipping God the Creator and worship Jesus instead!

Did Jesus' teachings prevent the Jews being driven away completely from the Promised Land? Is he the Messiah who was promised, who would make the Jews kings of the world and all the nations their servants? Or was Jesus not simply the worst thing that happened to the Jews?

Like I say, pure filth, and it is no surprise that all the great movements against nationhood, against social stability and order, have been Jesus-like in their airheadedness.

Comment

Who cares about the j00z anyway?

Comment

Working...
                              X