Iconic images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hay guys! Has anyone posted this yet!

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• That's almost as good as this

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I think this one is far more iconic, personally.

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Attached Files
          Last edited by DanS; April 22, 2006, 15:46.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Attached Files
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
              I honestly don't know this one. From the poor photo quality, that some people are wearing Turkish fezs while others are wearing very old fashioned European military uniforms I will guess this was right after Franz Ferdinand got shot?
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Here is an icon from when I was very young...
                Attached Files
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

• This thread was da bomb!
                  What?

Comment

• Who can forget Marilyn?
                    One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

• One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

• Cassius Clay, later Muhammed Ali, standing over Sonny Liston.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• What?

Comment

• Oerdin: yeah, that's 1914, and it was believed that the photo was actually of Gavrilo Princip being arrested. Turned out it was just a passerby being arrested, though.

Also, there goes:

and

definitely this, too:

Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Surely Solver, you didn't mean to be rude? This is the correct image.

Comment

• Oops ....

Comment

Working...
                                X