Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should your nation use caning as a punishment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should your nation use caning as a punishment?

Although I would hope caning would be used in conjunction with prison sentences. As far as I can tell, this sex offender is getting off with only 24 canings!!

here's is the wiki article on caning if you don't know what it is.

Yes
    45.83%
    No
    37.50%
    I have no idea what caning is
    4.17%
    bananas
    12.50%
    Last edited by Dis; April 19, 2006, 17:34.

okay so it is cruel and unusual punishment. But so is committing sex crimes against children.

Comment

First off, seperate sex offenders from people that molest children, cause they are not the same thing always.....

I'm sure doing some 17 year old, in stautory rape, as a 20 year old, is the same thing as molesting a 9 year old....... god I hate this country......

Their is some serial killer up north using the family alert websites as a blueprint for killing sex offenders, except he does differentiate between the two.
      "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

should get prison time also...

JM
        (I didn't know of the existance of contractual wives.. doesn't that mean that the wife is married for a few years while she is hot, than when she gets older she is left to fend for herself?)
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Oh I'm sure Jon that 365 days makes such a big difference in a person being ****able, and consenting to it......

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
            Their is some serial killer up north using the family alert websites as a blueprint for killing sex offenders, except he does differentiate between the two.
            I have sometimes been of the oppinion that sex offenders (rapers and abusers of children especially) should all be killed...

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

well then I'll run on the republican platform and try to get the age of conset raised in all 50 states to 30. Then we'll see if you hold the same tune.......lol

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
                Oh I'm sure Jon that 365 days makes such a big difference in a person being ****able, and consenting to it......
                eh, I was meaning those who **** children

I don't consider it monsterous to have sex with someone after about age 12 (14 would also work, 12 would just be erring on the side of caution).. and think that it should be a different crime

it should be somewhere between rape to something less (depending on the situation)

for younger than 12, I am in favor of those who did it getting the punishment for rape, or worse.. (perferibly goign away forever, or the DP, depending on the situation)

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

basically:

children birth - pubertish time (somewhere arround 12 generally, I think)

than we gradually add responsibilities, letting up on the protections that were imposed to keep people from taking advantage.. until about 18

this is why there should be punishment for having sex with someone younger than 18 (if there is greater than 4 or so years age difference), but unless there was physical force involved, it should be punished a lot less... (maybe not even a felony)

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I remember years ago seeing Charles Colson of Watergate infamy on a talk show. He said that many of the guys he was in prison with said, if they could be given lashes with a whip and go home afterwards, they'd gladly take that punishment over imprisonment.

Comment

It should be available as an option for minor crimes and first (or second) offenses; a punishment between fines and imprisonment.

Of course, the effectiveness as a deterrent should be studied, both in other countries and test runs in select areas of the US.

BTW, who gets to decide a given punishment is cruel and unusual? Shouldn't this be reviewed from time to time? If "Living Constitution" advocates feel the bedrock of our rights is subject to occasional reinterpretation, shouldn't the same be true of all laws?

Comment

BTW, who gets to decide a given punishment is cruel and unusual? Shouldn't this be reviewed from time to time?

The US Supreme Court, and it is (reviewed from time to time).
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

i support caning.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

If caning means forcing them to work as slaves in sugar cane plantations I am for it.
                            Last edited by Barnabas; April 19, 2006, 19:15.
                            I need a foot massage

Comment

Only for people who think that ichtyosaurs and plesiosaurs were dinosaurs, or that dinosaurs were lizards.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                              X