Recommend me some video editing software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me some video editing software

I have a fairly new mini-dv camcorder, and I want to convert the tapes I have recorded on it to DVD. Can anyone recommend some good video editing software?

I have a Dell Dimension 8200 1.9 Ghz with 512 megs of RAM and a GEForce 2 video card. It seems that this is the minimum for a lot of the software out there.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

avid

"I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Adobe Premiere (Really good in Video Edit, and some special fx)

Adobe After effect( Video Editing + You can incorporate many kind of special FX) I really like this software. I produce many great things with this software.

But if you only want to edit video try Adobe Premiere.
      Really easy to use!

oops I didn't read all of your post....

If it's just to convert analog to digital; there must be a ton of freeware software who do that.
      Otherwise, Adobe Premiere will do the job!
      bleh

Comment

iLife.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
          avid

Final cut pro totally kicks avid's ass.
          "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

There is a freeware program, called VirtualDub. It's here: http://www.virtualdub.org/ It's utilitarian, but it works.
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral

Final cut pro totally kicks avid's ass.
              i needed a laugh before the end of the night
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think I'll download the trial version of the Adobe software to see if it will run acceptably on my hardware.

Comment

Adobe Premiere will probably run choppy on your machine. FCP is not even an option. Avid products may work but normally have specific requirements that you don't meet. I would recommend lower end software pinnacle liquid pro with the plug in non-linear editing system that does most of the video editing processing and etc.
                  What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                  What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Ok, thanks. If they have a free trial I'll download it this weekend.

Comment

I worked a lot on Adobe Premiere 6.
                      Even with your low mem, you can have tricks to make it run faster.

If you only capture video from a vcr, you'll dont have any problem with your computer... even with only 256 meg ram. I was able to capture Blade Runner,(2 hours long).

But if you need to edit your video, 512mg ram is low but you'll be able to do many things, maybe you'll just need to separate wyour working files. With my old cpu(Athlon 1.1 ghz with 768mg ram). I was able to work on pretty big files, with many source, and effect without no much trouble.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask me.
                      bleh

Comment

Thanks, I will.

Comment

Hey cronos_qc, do you think Adobe Premiere Elements would have everything I need?
                          Last edited by Caligastia; April 22, 2006, 16:39.

Comment

Working...
                          X