Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Cat!!

Cat saves baby's life

A cat has saved the life of a newborn baby abandoned on the doorstep of a Cologne house in Germany in the middle of the night, by meowing loudly until someone woke up, a police spokesman says.

"The cat is a hero," Cologne police spokesman Uwe Beier said.

"Its loud meowing got the attention of the home-owner and saved the baby from suffering life-threatening hypothermia.

"The home-owner opened the door to see why the cat was making so much noise and discovered the newborn."

Mr Beier says the boy was taken to hospital at 5:00am local time on Thursday, when overnight temperatures fell toward zero, and had suffered only mild hypothermia.

He says there is no indication of what happened to the boy's mother.

-Reuters
    Attached Files

My cat is meaowing too. He has never saved any lifes. Will not save his own either...

Comment

What a beautiful creature.

Comment

I expect the cat was actually demanding that the baby stop lying there and go and open a tin of cat food.

Comment

The cat was probably just annoyed at the prospect of the newcomer getting to its food. Or it was pissed off that it couldn't get to properly brush off its scent on the baby.

Cats are too stupid to care much about anything else.

Comment

At least cats are smarter than dogs.

Comment

Cats are smart enough to know that going around looking cute is usually enough to get what they want. I love 'em. Well, other people's, that is - until they design a cat that doesn't poo or spray.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                At least cats are smarter than dogs.
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Little wonder.

His dad.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Cat (in Cat language), "Someone shut this kid up. And I'm hungry! I'm huuungry!..."
                    Hu-mans (in German), "A hu-man baby? You're a hero kitty!"
                    Cat (in Cat language), "Yeaaah & that's why we cats don't speak German... now let me in and serve me. I'm your new god. Is that a ball of string in the back?"

Comment

I doubt they spoke english in Köln... [/besserwisser*]

* smartass

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        Little wonder.

His dad.

Comment

Superkitty!

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                            * snip * until they design a cat that doesn't poo or spray.
                            ---> veterinarian.

/me bookmarks this story for future use, to counter dogowners.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrodrew
                              Cat (in Cat language), "Someone shut this kid up. And I'm hungry! I'm huuungry!..."
                              Hu-mans (in German), "A hu-man baby? You're a hero kitty!"
                              Cat (in Cat language), "Yeaaah & that's why we cats don't speak German... now let me in and serve me. I'm your new god. Is that a ball of string in the back?"
                              Exactly. Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X