No announcement yet.

Why?!? Please tell me why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is the whole point of the debate, that people think he should resign because these Generals say so, which as I have made clear is a shoddy justification for saying so.

Now you might have other justifications, but that is not relevent to the OP.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
      That is the whole point of the debate, that people think he should resign because these Generals say so, which as I have made clear is a shoddy justification for saying so.

Now you might have other justifications, but that is not relevent to the OP.

My take is people are talking about him resigning because he made mistakes that have made Iraq FUBAR. In particular not going in with enough troops, neglecting to maintain order in the crucial weeks after the fall of Baghdad, and other things that led to the insurgency being much stronger than it needed to be, and to things being as bad as they are now. Throughout Rummy has stated that he gave the brass as many troops as they requested. It was whispered that they didnt ask for more, cause they knew theyd get in deep trouble if they did. When a guy who actually commanded a division in Iraq confirms that, its definitely an important datum in the argument.

Note to Germanos - Generals in the US have NO right to question civilian authorities on the rationale for a war. They DO have a right to comment professionally on how the war was carried out. Thats whats at issue here.
      Last edited by lord of the mark; April 17, 2006, 14:12.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
        You know, there are almost a thousand flag officers currently serving, hundreds have retired since the Iraq war started.

So why it when 4, hell even if it was 100, have a differing opinion it means OH MY GOD A MILITARY COUPS? I would be worried if every general was lock step dead in agreement, even if everyone thought this war was the best event to ever happen.

It is also important that General Pace, who has more credibility in his pinky fingers than all these ones combined, and that is not because of and lack of credibility on their part, said they are being Monday morning quarterbacks and DID NOT say anything prior to events.
        Wow, that's the same - nearly word for word - answer Rumsy mumsy gave to the journalist when confronted with this piece.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Probably, as it mind numbing obvious, which is of course why the press needed to be told.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
          X