The Euston Manifesto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Euston Manifesto

A new British leftwing group launched today.

New Statesman Link

What do you think?

I'm not very keen, despite being a moderate leftwinger and presumably being in their target group. Their 'opposing anti-americanism' clause is OTT. There's no mention of the toxic influence of postmodernism, either.

what's OTT?

I think this sounds reasonable. Not exactly new ideas though..
    CSPA

Comment

Over The Top.

Comment

Meh. Sounds more like a weak attempt to convince "the left" to accept Blairite foreign policy, like some kind of reverse ginger group or something. Is there a list of endorsers or groups behind it somewhere? It smells of a front group to me.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

That may be it. Their site is generated by 'bloggers4labour'.

Comment

It's also endorsed by the Harry's Place blog, who are sometimes seen as kind of British left neo-con outfit. I actually like some of their stuff (standing up to religious fundies), but where I disagree with them is their inclination to bomb the crap out of anyone who doesn't come up to their standards - often based on distorted propaganda.

Comment

but where I disagree with them is their inclination to bomb the crap out of anyone who doesn't come up to their standards...
              Yeeeeeeehhhhhhaaaaaawww!

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
              X