What constitutes racism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka
    davout, I have no idea what you just said.
    I was prepared to that terrible issue.
    Statistical anomaly.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

well explain it to me so that idiots understand this also.. kind of .. break it down for me.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

As you probably noticed, Cylotron mentionnes "tacit racism" as another definition of racism.
        As I am bored with racism, and as I am too lazy to discuss such a wide subject, I limited my participation to the tacit racism chapter.
        My conclusion is that if somedy wants to use the "tacit racism" concept, which has nothing to do with racism, he has better to invent an other word, such as original sin or inherited responsibility or chromosomic BS.
        Statistical anomaly.

Comment

Now I understand, you just didn't make any sense now

maybe you are a racist, yes?
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
            Except in a very few instances, I suspect that racism is mostly a convenient construct whipped together by people with an axe to grind.

You need to get offline and go out and explore reality.
            Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              Now I understand, you just didn't make any sense now

maybe you are a racist, yes?
              You are likely the only human being interested in knowing whether i am a racist or not. I am so glad that now you understand my writing (even if it does not make any sense), that I tell you : I am not a racist.
              Statistical anomaly.

Comment

You need to get offline and go out and explore reality.

I have, and I do. Unlike many of the polytubbies, I don't really spend all that much time here. Too busy doing stuff in the real world, and all that.

You obviously disagree with the statement, and you're certainly entitled to.

And I won't even use the eye roll smiley.

-=Vel=-
                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Unlike many of the polytubbies, I don't really spend all that much time here. Too busy doing stuff in the real world, and all that.
                  too busy? real world? WTF are you talking about!?
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

davout, says you.
                    In da butt.

Comment

too busy? real world? WTF are you talking about!?

It's this place I know.... And how ya doin', Japher!?

-=Vel=-

(cool thing tho....since I just started this job....Senior Software Engineer....numero uno on Asher's list, btw--see the other thread-- and our project has not officially started yet, I get paid to sit here and surf, while editing my next book!)
                      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I get paid to sit here and surf, while editing my next book
                        that's why I'm here... not editing a book though, just have time at work. There's down time, so I waste here instead of on writing a book... that's too hard.

And how ya doin', Japher!?
                        I'm fine. Closer to you now, here in Cincinnati. One of my coworkers is going to Hilton Head for his vacation, your neck of the woods right?
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

that's why I'm here... not editing a book though, just have time at work. There's down time, so I waste here instead of on writing a book... that's too hard.

Well...I won't disagree with ya. Writing...UGH...second hardest thing I ever tried my hand at. Not sure why I like it so much....masochist, I guess.

I'm fine. Closer to you now, here in Cincinnati. One of my coworkers is going to Hilton Head for his vacation, your neck of the woods right?

Was close, yup. I used to live in Columbia (SC), but the new job (three and a half weeks into it) is in Atlanta (GA). Still not too far tho....and Hilton's a great area!

I'm finding Atlanta a....somewhat scary place. I'm a farm boy...LOL...Atlanta is about thirty times bigger than Columbia, which until three weeks ago, was the biggest, most heavily populated place I'd ever lived.

-=Vel=-
                          (and I hate traffic....I discovered this straightaway....UGH)

Comment

traffic sucks

I traded in a minimum of 30 minutes for my commute to a maximum of 10 minutes. It's done wonders for my sanity, or lack there of. Just turn on talk radio.

never been to Georgia so I can't say anything good or bad about it, though it's not on my list of places I would like to visit
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Code Asher Silly OTBOT

As for your writing, I think living in different places will help you with that.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Man, I can't say I blame you there. Far as I can tell, there are basically three "regions" in GA....

The beginnings of the Appalachian Trail (quite beautiful, and definitely worth seeing)

Swamp (seems to be at least 80% of the state, but this is prolly inaccurate)

Atlanta itself (too big for my liking, and too much traffic! 1.5 hour commute in the morning--alarm set for 4:30am, beating the rush in, and 2+ hours in the afternoon. Suckville. )

But yeah...so far, the writing has been going like gangbusters! Just putting the wraps on the next book! (first of what appears to be--at least--a trilogy...we'll see tho....

-=Vel=-

Comment

Working...
                                X