No announcement yet.

Are Jedi a bunch of cowards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why exactly was a military order unbeholden to the elected officials and made up of what amouts to warrior monks considered a boon to a democracy in the first place.

The Emperor, LIBERATOR OF THE PEOPLE!!!
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Yeah I never got that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
        Cowards? No they're lovers!

You, sir, are my hero.

Comment

It took me a long time to figure out how to link that. They've only recently made it easy for codgers like me.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Jedi aren't cowards. They are obselete, outdated, and have no fashion sense to boot.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

And if Jedi powers are hereditary (there those midaclorians go ****ing up **** again), and
              Jedi are apparently unable to marry and dabble in the pleasures of the flesh, how do we end up with more Jedi through the ages?
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

They aren't ONLY hereditary. Maybe the reason they can't get married (aside from the emotions leading to the dark side stuff ) is so they can't create UBER-JEDI!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Thats right, I forgot that French slave whore girl was the Virgin Mary, and Anakin Jesus.

Evil Jesus....

With decendants, a Star Wars D Code?

Comment

Re: Are Jedi a bunch of cowards?

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                    Think about it. The galaxy is in the grip of evil. A couple of Sith (Sidious & Vader) have taken over and loosed a regime of oppression, terror and murder on the helpless populous.

Yet Star Wars Episode 4 has Obi-wan living out in the sticks on an out-of-the-way desert, and Episode 5 shows Yoda hunkered down in a jungle world.

Cowardly beggars are they? More concerned for their own wretched existences than restoring Justice to the galaxy?
                    Saving the galaxy from a too-easily controlled whiny momma's boy with anger issues?

Might as well wait until he dies off so you can have a real villain to fight.

Comment

The Empire was the best thing to ever happen to the galaxy.

Pesky Jedi.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                        Thats right, I forgot that French slave whore girl was the Virgin Mary, and Anakin Jesus.

Evil Jesus....

With decendants, a Star Wars D Code?
                        Speaking of evil, she was in fact Swedish, not French.

Comment

THE HORROR!

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                            And if Jedi powers are hereditary (there those midaclorians go ****ing up **** again), and
                            Jedi are apparently unable to marry and dabble in the pleasures of the flesh, how do we end up with more Jedi through the ages?
                            Obviously Force powers are not solely Genetic, otherwise they wouldn't cross species.
                            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Ah, so I guess it is the Holy Spirit sort of thing, chosen by God.

Not only do these warrior monks totally run the civilian leadership as puppets, but now this great democratic republic is run by a religious order too?

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

Obviously Force powers are not solely Genetic, otherwise they wouldn't cross species.
                                Not in Lucas's universe!

Comment

Working...
                                X