Are Jedi a bunch of cowards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Jedi a bunch of cowards?

Think about it. The galaxy is in the grip of evil. A couple of Sith (Sidious & Vader) have taken over and loosed a regime of oppression, terror and murder on the helpless populous.

Yet Star Wars Episode 4 has Obi-wan living out in the sticks on an out-of-the-way desert, and Episode 5 shows Yoda hunkered down in a jungle world.

Cowardly beggars are they? More concerned for their own wretched existences than restoring Justice to the galaxy?

The Dark side is more powerful.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Obviously you don't know the POWER of the DARK SIDE!!!
      "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

The way of the Dark Side is confrontation and conflict. It is well for a Jedi to avoid both, and to seek answers through meditation and discussion.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
          The way of the Dark Side is confrontation and conflict. It is well for a Jedi to avoid both, and to seek answers through meditation and discussion.
          To BE or not to be....
          That is the question.
          Whether is better in the minds of men
          To suffer the oppression of the Dark Side,
          Or to take up a lightsaber and by opposing, end it!

Comment

Obi Wan and Yoda had to wait for Luke to grow up and finish his acting classes.

Eventually, they both decided it was better to die than keep on waiting.

Comment

Cowards? No they're lovers!

"I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Cowards. Yoda sat around while the Galaxy was going down the crapper, banking it all on a kid who may or may-not turn out like dear olf Dad. And wouldn't have had nearly the training, for that matter.
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Yoda did fight the Emperor and lost so he has that excuse. Obi-Wan won his first fight with Vader, but he later threw the rematch.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yoda could not even take the Emperor one-on-one.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                      The Dark side is more powerful.
                      No,
                      quicker, easier, more seductive
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Sounds like my last girlfriend.
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Sounds like she was a sith
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

They're not so much cowards, as inadequate. Incidently, I don't think that they have any prophetic powers whatsoever.

The Federation is worse, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
                              Obviously you don't know the POWER of the DARK SIDE!!!
                              YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR LACK OF VISION!
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X