Need Swedish or European help with a receipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Swedish or European help with a receipe

I'm trying to find a receipe that I had one Christmas at my Step-Monsters house. Every year we have, and spelling may be off, lukefisk or fist not really sure but it's very good. Anyway one year my x-sister in law made these potato and ham dumplings I want to say she called them Kumla? Again I'm spelling by the way it sounded. She's of Norweign decent and since she's an x-sister in law can't exactly ask her for the receipe. Does anyone know the food or the name or the receipe? And I also may have the name off but I know she said it was a potato ham dumpling thingy.
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

The dumplings are called "palt" in Swedish, it's the best food in the world
    The fish is called "lutfisk".
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Why don't you just go to Ikea's swedish shop and try get some meatballs camouflaged
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I think there are about 1 million different names for the stuff. Kumla, kumle, komle, raspeball, klubb, kompe
        CSPA

Comment

this recipe looks good: http://www.donogh.com/cooking/sidedish/kumbla.shtml
          CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
            I think there are about 1 million different names for the stuff. Kumla, kumle, komle, raspeball, klubb, kompe
            THANK YOU!! That's the name she called it!! It was awesome I had it 14 years ago and still think about it.
            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Read the recipe, THAT's IT!! That's the receipe. Thank you so much!

Comment

Glad to be of help. Good luck
                CSPA

Comment

Just don't over eat. There's always the huge risk of ending up in a palt-coma.

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                    palt-coma.
                    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Working...
                    X