Those poor, poor Republicans . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heat them up with my mind.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

We'll see. Personally, though, I expect the hearings to quietly whimper away, because it takes more than just some "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" lone cowboy BS to get things done. I mean, C-SPAN 2, wow! That's going to be real hard to re-bury!
      Again, folks like Specter and Chaffee have agreed that there needs to be a real investigation on the program. This is not trivial. And what happens on C-SPAN 2 (the Senate channel) is important, regardless of how much you dismiss it.

I'm not sure what exactly you think a single Senator is capable of doing, with his party in the minority, but Feingold accomplished just about all he could given the spineless apathy towards protecting the 4th Amendment and the rule of law among the rest of his caucus, the media, and the public.

For good or bad, he's going to need to learn to work with his party.
      His Party wanted to ignore the NSA program. You really think he should've rolled over like the rest of them and allowed the NSA program to fade out of public debate?
      Last edited by Ramo; April 12, 2006, 13:00.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

The issue is that the democrats want to inherit these programs when they take power...

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
        X