No announcement yet.

U.S. Studies Military Strike Options on Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blame the Iranias/Syrians on the cartoon craze.

And blame Donegeal for having destroyed the Legoland team
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• The Mullahs control the nukes, not the president. People ginore the fact that this president tooki three months to form a government- he says conteroversial things, hence he gets lots of press, but he is not the candidate of the ruling classes, he was elected by the disgruntled working classes. The man to listen to is Khameini in terms of grand aims, ifnot on government policy.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
        Damn builders!!!

(This should be a +1 dammit!!! )
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
          Hey, dont give the GoW all the credit! Lego were destroyed because they sided with GoW against Gathering Storm in the Bobian War. We Stormies concieved GAUL (Grand Alliance to Undermine Lego) as a vengeful reaction to our defeat in that war and diplomatic isolation.

Anyway, was Donegeal even active in the Lego War? I thought MZ was running the team almost single handedly and the military planning was closely co-ordinated with DeepO and Aeson of the 'Storm.

Ultimately the success was down to a single suicide transport against a 1HP Battleship, I think. Lego defended brilliantly, and were unlucky. They also had very clever opponents.

Comment

• I was active, but not nearly as much as MZ...

I was also going to mention that GoW in no way did it alone...

(where's my damn +1!?!?!?!?!)
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus
              The road to Basra in 91 was a turkey-shoot.

Yep, exact event I was referring to.

Some of the Apache pilots had mercy and hovered above the vehicles, giving the passengers time to abandon their vehicles before they blew them apart.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Question is - had those fleeing Iraqis effectively surrendered?

Comment

• The turkey shoot was largely an excersize in destroying abandoned vehicles. The first apache destroyed the lead vehicles in the column and then the rear vehicles in the column with missles. Out of missles he strafed the column until he was out of ammo. By the time he strafed the column most of the vehicles were empty, their occupants having wisely fled into the desert on either side of the road. All of the follow on attack craft hit the empty vehicles. They found far fewer bodies than burned out vehicles.
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Iraqi tanks, armoured vehicles, trucks and troops fleeing the allied onslaught formed huge queues on the main road north from Kuwait to the southern Iraqi city of Basra.
                    Thousands died in their vehicles on the Basra road

Allied forces bombed them from the air, killing thousands in their vehicles on what become known as the "Highway of Death".

Bombed out vehicles on the Basra-Kuwait road
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus
                      BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Iraqi tanks, armoured vehicles, trucks and troops fleeing the allied onslaught formed huge queues on the main road north from Kuwait to the southern Iraqi city of Basra.
                      Thousands died in their vehicles on the Basra road

Allied forces bombed them from the air, killing thousands in their vehicles on what become known as the "Highway of Death".

Bombed out vehicles on the Basra-Kuwait road
                      Where are the bodies? To get a really good kill rate you'd have to have a lot of aircraft attacking simulataneously, something that is difficult because aircraft can't operate easily in close proximity to one another. Otherwise people realise that they are trapped and move away from the vehicles where they are a lot harder to kill.
                      He's got the Midas touch.
                      But he touched it too much!
                      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Question is - had those fleeing Iraqis effectively surrendered?
                        No, not at all. The column was actively retreating away from US forces, not surrendering. Our aircraft found a large convoy of military vehicles attempting to find safety in Basra. It was an absolutely legitimate move to waste the entire thing, even if the soldiers attached to that convoy had not fled.

And btw, there is no provision in international law for surrendering to airforces. You can't just have the enemy put down their guns when aircraft are overhead and then just pick them back up when they are gone.

It is not like our pilots were bloodthirsty though, there were many cases of attack helocopters no mowing down surrendeing infantry and rather calling in nearby ground units to take custody.

I think I have seen that video on TV a million times.
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikander
                          Where are the bodies?
                          OK - It wouldn't be the first time that media reports of deaths in conflicts are vastly exaggerated. I know that bodies were not needed in Balkans conflicts for figures in the 000's to become popular currency, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case here, too.

Comment

• Kind of like those 10,000-60,000 reported Katrina fatalities eh.

Not to mention Apolytons estimates...
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• We didn't kill thousands on the Basra road, I think we killed something in the neighborhood of 6. And they were all orphans anyway.

Come on, Hurricane Katrina only killed 33 people. And that was a major metropolitan area of over 1.5 million. If 1.5 million people can breath under 20 feet of water, bombing ain't go kill them.

We need to get those Raid roach people working on some new military ordinace for us.

Now on a completely different subject, ZargonX suggested we start referring to the Middle East as New Texas. Iraq will be simply West New Texas. Afghanastan will be East New Texas. Iran will be Central New Texas. Baghadad will be New Crawford. And Kuwaitis will be referred to as New Wetbacks.

Comment

Working...
                              X