Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Being an ignorant rosbif again?

Comment

I'm with OTBOT on this one
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Are you so desperate for authority that you're even sucking up even to machines now?

Comment

It's been all the rage for years.
            If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

If you're native German, Ecthy, I gotta say I'm impressed with your English skillz. How'd you come by that?

Some of my German friends speak great English because they grew up in towns near NATO bases (basically US outposts). Or are you someone like my wife, who just has an innate ability to pick up on languages? (It's a real struggle for me.)
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I think I'm good at picking up languages in general. I've liked French at school, tried some Chinese at uni (alas they only offer courses for 2 consecutive seemsters, so I can't progress unless I try at a different college), did the compulsory Latin at uni that I need for History, now learning Spanish because I want to go to Spain for a year in september.

English is usually a very easy to pick up language as far as colloquialisms go. This is mostly because you get English slang and similar stuff in the media every day. Most movies we watch are from the US (though dubbed), same for computer games. This helps mostly with words though. As far as phrasing, formal language and colloquial conversation goes, I'd say it comes mostly from Apolyton, which is good and sad at once

Comment

Quite sad, 'cause most of us round here ain't got no learn'in to speak of.
                  Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                  Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                  Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                  You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Working...
                  X