All things Greek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All things Greek

Bought a cup of Greek yoghurt at the supermarket today. It was on discount, DKK 4.00 down from 9.25, because they had to get rid of it before it expired.. Quite nice.

Then there's the feta, which I'm not much into. And shipping magnates, tadziki salads and marching in first at the Olympics like they own the thing. And becoming European champions in some sport or other, seemingly whenever it pleases them.

And of course the King, who is partly Danish and holds a Danish passport, and the lovely Queen who is 100% Danish.

Greek produce on discount because otherwise it won't sell at all

Re: All things Greek

Originally posted by Winston
    Then there's the feta, which I'm not much into.
    If you have only tasted Danish feta so far, it's sadly not surprising Get the real thing, for your own good!

And of course the King, who is partly Danish and holds a Danish passport, and the lovely Queen who is 100% Danish.

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Feta is Bulgarian
      CSPA

Comment

According to the EU, no it's not.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

King Constantine II is the great-grandchild of our King Christian IX (1863-1906). He holds a Danish diplomatic passport. Queen Anne-Marie is the sister of our present Queen Margrethe II.

Feta :shrug: I've already done my part, by eating 200 ml of their yoghurt. And paid half price for it, I might add.

Marbles, juntas, wrestling, weird lettering. The list goes on. Et finalement, Cypre.. douze points.

(OTBOT - to get rid of the bolding.)

Comment

I'll take Bulgaria's word over the EU's anytime

Anyhoo, Greece, Bulgaria, Turkey, Macedonia, they have all been making feta for ages.
            CSPA

Comment

All things Greek
              ...should be in the British Museum. Discuss
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yoghurt is also Bulgarian, btw
                Bulgaria is awesome
                CSPA

Comment

And bulgur.

And Hristo Stoichkov.

And 400 pound weightlifters with hairy armpits. Ehm, make that hairy everything.

You'd almost mistake them for being Greek.

Comment

I expect that the One True Macedoniaâ„¢ makes better yoghurt too
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

(americanized) Gyros!

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                        (americanized) Gyros!
                        Haven't had one for almost a week.

Comment

Working...
                        X