No announcement yet.

I had a bialy today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIUC, bialy is short for Bialystok, the town in Belarus/Lithunia where they were invented. I havent had one in a couple of years, at least. Theyre good on their own, or with a smear of butter (though how much you like them will depend on your relationship with onions and garlic) - I still prefer the sandwich making potential of a bagel.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I had enlgish breakfast yesterday morning in London. Im a fan I even went all the way and put milk in my tea. (couldnt taste th e difference tho)
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

you are nutz!
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I thought he horribly misspelled something and that this was a drunk thread.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

The lack of cultural awareness for eastern European baked goods. This is almost as bad as the airlines who banned surstromming.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I had an egg on a bialy(I have no idea how to spell it) every morning for breakfast for 5 or 6 years.

YUM!

Comment

Working...
              X