X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beginning of a New Era of Refreshment

Dr Pepper Berries & Cream Joins Soda Fountain Classics Line

Hundreds "Kiss the Can" to Prove Their Love for the New Flavor

Plano, Texas, April 5, 2006 – It's no secret that Dr Pepper fans are passionate about the brand -- so much so that hundreds recently puckered up to show their love for the latest Dr Pepper flavor.

This month, Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages, the maker of Dr Pepper, is rolling out Dr Pepper Berries & Cream, the second flavor in the brand's Soda Fountain Classics line created to meet consumers' desire for nostalgic flavors reminiscent of simpler times. Soda Fountain Classics launched in 2004 with Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper, the company's most successful product introduction in more than a decade.

"Consumers like a full flavor experience in their beverage choice, and our Dr Pepper Soda Fountain Classics have proven to be a tremendous success because they meet that need," said Jim Trebilcock, senior vice president of consumer marketing for CSAB. "Based on consumer product test results, we expect both Regular and Diet Dr Pepper Berries & Cream will have a strong and devoted following."

Hundreds of consumers recently professed their love for the new product by kissing a giant can of Dr Pepper Berries & Cream at the Dr Pepper Ballpark in Texas. The first ten participants walked away with a year's worth of Dr Pepper Berries & Cream. Additionally, 50 twelve-packs were auctioned-off on eBay in March with bids topping $215. All proceeds went to the "I Have a Dream" Foundation (http://www.ihad.org ).

Starting this week, nearly 3 million free samples will be distributed throughout the country, as a convoy of Berries & Cream ice-cream trucks begin a nationwide tour that will continue through June.

Dr Pepper is a leading brand in the beverage portfolio of Plano, Texas- based Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB), a subsidiary division of Cadbury Schweppes plc (NYSE: CSG). CSAB is one of the largest producers of teas, juices and soft drinks in the Americas with a brand portfolio that includes Dr Pepper, 7UP, Snapple, Mott's Apple Juice, RC Cola, A&W Root Beer, Sunkist, Canada Dry, Hawaiian Punch, Schweppes, Diet Rite, Clamato, Mr & Mrs T's Mixers, Rose's, Mistic, Yoo-hoo, Orangina, IBC, Stewart's, Nantucket Nectars and other well-known consumer brands.
    I've already had some. It retains the Dr Pepper we all know and love, but it's rich and creamy. I wouldn't guzzle it down with a meal like regular Pepper, but a little at a time it's like sex in a bottle. (Not sex with a bottle, Dis)

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Dr. Pepper is icky, throw rocks at it.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

This is to nasty for words.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I like the Vanilla and Cherry
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: The Beginning of a New Era of Refreshment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
          OTBOT rating
          this is an evil post
          Hail to OTBOT
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Dr. Pepper

don't know about the new stuff though

Comment

Dr Pepper: mediocre

Comment

actually, I pretty much only drink water and orange juice now. giving up soda helps keep my weight steady. but I still have fond memories of Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew.

Comment

I bought a twelvepack of that stuff, and I like it.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Drinking water

Twelvepack of Dr Pepper

Sixpack of beer

Comment

This stuff is gross.

Comment

I didn't like the cherry vanilla Dr Pepper, but maybe at some point I'll give the new flavor a try.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Dr. Pepper is okay, though I dont drink soda very often at all. Though yesterday at a friend's house, she broke out some bottles of Coca Cola Blāck... which apparantly is Cola and coffee flavour, nasty nasty stuff.

Comment

Working...
                          X