NBC Blunders Renewal of Nascar Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC Blunders Renewal of Nascar Contract

In the last year of their contract NBC pulls this. What morons.

By JENNA FRYER, AP Motorsports Writer Wed Apr 5, 6:45 PM ET

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -
    NASCAR said it was "outrageous" that "Dateline NBC" targeted one of its race tracks last weekend for a possible segment on anti-Muslim sentiment in the United States.

NASCAR said NBC confirmed it was sending Muslim-looking men to a race, along with a camera crew to film fans' reactions. The NBC crew was "apparently on site in Martinsville, Va., walked around and no one bothered them," NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said Wednesday.

"It is outrageous that a news organization of NBC's stature would stoop to the level of going out to create news instead of reporting news," Poston said.

"Any legitimate journalist in America should be embarrassed by this stunt. The obvious intent by NBC was to evoke reaction, and we are confident our fans won't take the bait," he said.

NASCAR is in the final year of a broadcasting agreement with NBC Sports.

"'Dateline' is looking into this story," NBC said in a statement. "We were intrigued by the results of a recent Washington Post/ABC News poll and other articles regarding increasing anti-Muslim sentiments in the United States.

"It's very early on in our newsgathering process, but be assured we will be visiting a number of locations across the country and are confident that our reporting team is pursuing this story in a fair manner," it said.
    All the news fit to manufacture.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

"It is NBC's position that targeting, discriminating or otherwise modifying your behaviour towards any one person or group according to appearance, religious beliefs or perceived differences is wrong and we're out to prove it using those ****** redneck trailer trash southerners that you can find crawling around at every Nascar race."
    What?

Comment

What does OTBOT have to say about this post?
      What?

Comment

NASCAR fans are redneck, racist, homophobic hicks. Fact.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          NASCAR fans are redneck, racist, homophobic hicks. Fact.
          Your just jealous that you don't have your own redneck to cuddle up with on the cold canadian nights.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

FACT
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It'd be far more interesting if they went to Afghanistan, dressed up as newly converted Christians.

Would make for a drastically shortened program too.

Comment

only have a 20 second live span then
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

My grandfather once said that NASCAR fans are the people who find the storylines in professional wresting to difficult to follow.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
                    "It is NBC's position that targeting, discriminating or otherwise modifying your behaviour towards any one person or group according to appearance, religious beliefs or perceived differences is wrong and we're out to prove it using those ****** redneck trailer trash southerners that you can find crawling around at every Nascar race."

Excellent!
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                      My grandfather once said that NASCAR fans are the people who find the storylines in professional wresting to difficult to follow.
                      I find them difficult to follow also, but perhaps that's because I only see professional wrestling in 1/10 second snippets as I channel surf.
                      He's got the Midas touch.
                      But he touched it too much!
                      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                      X