Blues Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues Guitar

Does anyone else here play the blues on a guitar and would like to exchange riffs or techniques, or anything else relating to playing the blues on the guitar?
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

no
    Monkey!!!

Comment

I used to do Clapton, Floyd, and Zeppelin but rarely have the time anymore.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I don't, but love the blues. I host a chat room at mx. Lot of blues there. Let me know if interested.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Listen to Hendrix, the god of Rock-Blues guitar. Study. Imitate. Learn.

Zep also, but much as I love Pink Floyd, I don't see in them so much of the Blues as Psychedelia.

Clapton's hugely overrated IMHO, but this a subject only slightly less contraversial then nuclear weapons. Mark Knofler is a far more inspirational blues guitarist than Clapton. :ducks:

Comment

Buddy Guy
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

mark knopler plays too clean
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Go to the roots of Blues, and come forward.
                Talking late 20's.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Stevie Ray Vaughn
                  What?

Comment

Hendrix, for sure. Zeppelin, absolutely. Clapton is boring an uninspired.

Pentatonic scales are all you need + a few blues oriented notes for colour. Its pretty easy stuff.

I dont listen to too much of the real old delta style blues.

Comment

"I woke up this mornin" ....

Comment

Stevie Ray

Comment

Go to the roots of Blues, and come forward.
                          Talking late 20's.
                          Robert Johnson
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Pentatonic scales are all you need + a few blues oriented notes for colour. Its pretty easy stuff.
                            and some bends. real slooooow and dirty.

Comment

1 1/2 bend and even double bends if you can manage. Makes it cry.

Comment

Working...
                              X