Clear All

• Maastricht Meet?

i'll be there next week (10-13)

who's around?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Ehm, nobody

... at least not in the immediate neighborhood. I'd love to come down for a drink, but during the week it's just difficult to travel all the way to the south.

Comment

They could sign another treaty while they are there.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Who the **** goes to Maastricht? On a voluntary basis anyway?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

well i'm being paid to go

Comment

Maastricht... The one city in the Netherlands I have been too!

However, that was over ten years ago and in a different hemi-sphere... I don't think I'd be able to make it....

Why don't you try to come stateside sometime early July? Say, the Baltimore area...
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
              Why don't you try to come stateside sometime early July? Say, the Baltimore area...
              working on it

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                well i'm being paid to go
                Lot's I hope.

If you happen to take a train to Antwerp, first round is on me.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Difficult, but not impossible.

Problem is that it's during weekdays and it's quite a trip.
                  Last train home would be something like 10 p.m.
                  "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                  "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Limburg has the infrastructure of a third world country (so close to the Belgian border you're bound to get that ) While I'd love to meet up, it'd be easier to meet in London or Paris than in Maastricht, frankly...

From my home to Maastricht is a 4.5 hour trip, and that's assuming I don't miss any of the 4 connections (which with my luck and considering the reliability of our train schedule I probably will, especially if I have to travel during rush hours) -- and then I have to get back as well, so that's 9 hours travelling minimum... I'm not gonna rely on the last train because if I miss it I'm f*cked, so that means I'd have to leave at 20:00ish (train leaves at 20:29), which gives us what, an hour to 90 minutes for a meet (assuming I'm not delayed)? Since my bike broke down yesterday and leaving at 20:29 means I'll just have missed the last bus when I'm back in Hengelo, that means I'll have to walk home, adds another 45 minutes to my travel time. So it's all a bit too much work for a bit too little reward if you ask me... (and coming from me that's saying something, as people like Zop and CapTVK will be able to attest )

I assume you'll be flying on Maastricht Airport directly? If not and you're flying on Schiphol or Eindhoven, it would be much easier to meet there...
                    Last edited by Locutus; April 5, 2006, 05:06.
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

actually i'll be flying to cologne

Comment

If anyone actually goes to Maastricht, then give Mark a kick in the unmentionables from me for inflicting this OTBOT nonsense on us.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                          actually i'll be flying to cologne
                          let me guess: Germanwings? Awesome airline
                          CSPA

Comment

you got it gangerolf!

Comment

cool

I think I paid €20 for a flight from stockholm to colgne with that company
                              CSPA

Comment

Working...
                              X