Religion in Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion in Society

I've been watching The Apprentice and it really bugs me that there is this one guy on it who has not participated in 2 out of 5 tasks because he is jewish and can't work on those days. Wifey gets mad at me because I think that's complete BS. You go for a job interview and don't show up because of religion!?! They aren't firing this guy because they don't want to look bad, and there are better reasons to fire those they do fire, but he hasn't done anything to warrant being their except to be jewish!

I have nothing against jews or the right for people to observe their religious holidays, but I don't think that society or the jobs should have to bend or cater to these people. You are given 2 weeks of vacation, use it as you want. If you don't have the job yet you might have to pander your future employeer some to get it.

It just really irks me.

Then, this morning, I hear on the radio that some Muslims are all ticked off that they can't have a cow on their property because they aren't zoned to have livestock. Hell, if you MUST HAVE livestock on your property go live on a farm!

Why should society and it's law comform to religious beliefs? It seems to me that if religion is so important to these people that they would try and make the rest of their lifes fall in line with it... putting religion first.
    Monkey!!!

Do you get paid for Christmas?
    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
    New faces...Strange places,
    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Was this guy paid for his religious holidays?

Comment

he doesn't have the job yet
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I agree with you Japher, but don't sweat it - Lee isn't going very far anyway.

I loved how Bryce was just about to snap at Trump. I wouldn't have the patience to deal with that clown (Trump) either.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I though Bryce did snap at Trump.. There was something he said when I went 'that's it, might as well leave now'. Bryce was a moron and deserved to be fired. He was smart to bring Lenny in, knowing how much Trump hates him, but why he didn't bring in that chick or Terek is beyond me. Trump hates them too. Bryce didn't read Trump at all, and was just trying to further his own agenda.

bad move.

still, Lenny is jewish and told Trump he decided not to observe the holidays in lieu of other responsibilities... that he could pray in his own right.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Do you get paid for Christmas?
              I have worked Christmas.

but then, I'm not religious. If it means so much to you take it off.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

And here I was thinking that show was all about worshipping Trump.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The point is that most employers treat Christmas as a paid holiday and most employees of other faiths take off for their holidays using their own vacation or not getting paid. I don't know why this is an issue with you.

Comment

It's an issue because the guy on the show wants to get credit for doing nothing because he was on a religious holiday... If you do nothing you should get nothing.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

I did enjoy how Caroline was basically laughing at him and told him to say "Please fire me, Mr. Trump".

He could have easily taken Tarek in and crucified him. You're right that it was a stupid move on his part.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

You get Tarek and Lenny in the room with you, I don't care who you are Tarek is out of there.

The thing I think should of sealed Bryce's fate was when they all entered the board room with Arby's folk 25-minutes late and no one said "sorry we're late" and when they asked him pointblank why he was late he said "we got all this stuff ready for you"... My wife was even dumbdounded.

Now if they had a jew with them they wouldn't of been late.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                          I though Bryce did snap at Trump.. There was something he said when I went 'that's it, might as well leave now'. Bryce was a moron and deserved to be fired. He was smart to bring Lenny in, knowing how much Trump hates him, but why he didn't bring in that chick or Terek is beyond me. Trump hates them too. Bryce didn't read Trump at all, and was just trying to further his own agenda.
                          I think that Bryce didn't bring in Terek or the girl because he likes them and has a nice guy complex. I think he was trying to protect them. However, he's not a complete nice guy as he probably thought that he could use Lenny and Lee to shield him. He was just digging his own grave in the boardroom from then on. And both Lenny and Lee were smart to shut up and let him go on. I don't like either of them, but it's Bryce's own fault that he was fired.

Bryce really did pull that team together this episode. The next episode is going to be a disaster.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Bryce did pull the team together, you are right. There biggest failing was not incorporating everything the execs wanted into the jingle. Had they of given the execs any sort of respect they would of done better, maybe even won. The girl wrote the lyrics and should be held responsible.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Then, this morning, I hear on the radio that some Muslims are all ticked off that they can't have a cow on their property because they aren't zoned to have livestock. Hell, if you MUST HAVE livestock on your property go live on a farm!
                              Exactly which Muslim religious belief involves having a cow on your property?
                              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                              X