some solid concepts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some solid concepts

Well, I'm getting my motivation back. I've been quite upset about the lack of my energy and innovation as of lately, this year particular. I've had flashes in me brains less frequently, but now it's getting back.

I got this dude, who I work my most projects (school) with. Because we are able to come up with the stuff and work quit well together, so .. we were just offered a project from public sector actually, but we wouldn't take it (wasn't our interest or field). So in that regard, things are going well. We're now in the preliminary stages of mobile software project, and it's interesting and pretty innovating. If we would be able to, technically we can, but if we can make it easy enough to use, create the interface it deserves and basically make it a good product, there's no limits to it. It's farely unique as in the basic idea is old and used, but it's succesful ageless format, and we have come up with _exciting_ NEW features that will greatly increase the freedom of the user (that is evaluated in any mobile system), and basically it will be super nice if it works out properly.

At this stage, we're still developing, designing etc, we should do couple more surveys etc to find out the key questions to usability in this system. We are about to show the concept to a pro mobile system evaluator, so hopefully everything goes well, we have spent time to think about these aspects pretty much though.

However, well, I'm not here to talk about this one actuall,y but just that I'm excited, getting lots of ideas, teamed up in software projects with talented dude and we like working with each other so.. we'll see where that goes. Oh, consequently, this dude is the same one who I'm competing the job with. lol. NOT.

So what about you? Are you still working the same old routine or creating something new? Are you excited? Can you give me SC hallelujah, or will you forever be boring loser?

What are you doing, work wise, that you're looking forward right now. Tell me.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

I'm enjoying my professional duldrum. I'm strengthing my resume by performing a considerably boring position. The position, however, is one that looks good to potential employeers, gives me interdepartmental experience, as well as continual experience in the biotech arena. Still, it's a boring paper pushing job.

Which is fine, because my focus is on my daughter. She about 8 months and is getting mobile. She can roll where ever she wants and can push herself onto her knees. So, it won't be long until I hear the pitter-patter-thump of her falling down the stairs.

It's the reason I took the job. More time at home, less stress, wife can stay home, we can afford it. All around I am at a good spot in my life.

Still, I'm no fewl, I know I will get sick of it someday. So, I am study for the GMAT (buisness school test) and am looking into furthering my education either with an MBA or finance degree of some sort. My goal that I have in mind is to get into project management, so either an MBA or a BS/BA in Economics, finance, etc. would be helpful.

Keep plotting, scheming, trekking, moving, planning, working, striving, etc... Contentment only lasts so long.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Right, right.. you have to be moving all the time to keep yourself in the loop and bettering your position. It never ends. Cool stuff though..
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I'm just rotting at home, trying to apply to some school or such...
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Data Entry FTW!
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

boring
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Boring? Goodness Gracious No! I have such interesting tasks as figuring out whether or not the phone number provided by the interviewer is a phone number or a fax number, seeing how many different ways a single street name can be labeled and spelled, and wondering just how badly someone can screw up spelling Ophthalmology.

What fun!
              Last edited by Lorizael; April 4, 2006, 11:13.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I detect a hint of sarcasm
                Monkey!!!

Comment

What's this work thing?
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I'm surprised that word isn't censored.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Pekka has a job? With or without boobies?
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                        I detect a hint of sarcasm
                        I can't complain too much, considering that I can sit around browsing and posting on Poly for six of my eight hours and still get more work done than my other cubicle buddies.

Man, I love explaining to my boss that when the interviewer writes "TORN MANISKIS" it probably means there's knee surgery involved.

Comment

Datajack, No I don't have a job.
                          In da butt.

Comment

I had ideas for three science fiction novels, then I had a flash of insight so I was able to integrate all three into a grand scheme.

Life is good, at least at times.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I had ideas for three science fiction novels, then I had a flash of insight so I was able to integrate all three into a grand scheme.
                              The Giant Death Robots are vampiric and from outerspace!!!!!
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X