No announcement yet.

Why would anyone want to be castrated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would anyone want to be castrated?

I'm confused by this story.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/8428531/de...=22100421&qs=1;bp=t

And more importantly, if you were going to do it, would you go to some illegal backwards site in the country to do it?

What I find really hilsarious is the comment about protecting children. WTF does this story have to do with children?

Thank you for bolding that OT BOT, you'll get your payment later.

Comment

after looking at a link in wikipedia, I learned that castration prevents male pattern baldness. Hmmm, very tempting. I'll get more chicks if I don't go bald, but then I'll be castrated, so won't be able to do anything with them.

Comment

“The first thing was shock and disbelief that you got something like that going on in the community and our first priority is to protect our children," said Ashville resident Chuck Bates.
        Oh bull****, Chuck. The first thing that went through your head was a common housefly. Later, you thought, "Ow. I ain't gettin' my nuts all shriveled-up an' fallin' off..."
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

2:1 sez it's religious-based reasoning.
          5:1 sez it's some new "Internetz Pron Shocker!!!11!"
          1:1 sez that Faux News will be all over this story like stink on stink.

Don't forget that this is where Eric Rudolph (abortion mail-bomber, Olympic bomber) was found. And EVC lives there, as well as Billy Graham. Asheville breed nutcases and zealots as well as any place in the country.
          Last edited by JohnT; April 3, 2006, 19:33.

Comment

better there than here I guess.

I'm glad I live in a city where people are normal, and we have good family values. And we do this without that religion crap everyone seems to think is so important.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
              better there than here I guess.

I'm glad I live in a city where people are normal, and we have good family values. And we do this without that religion crap everyone seems to think is so important.
              religion gives life direction, without it, by admittedly circular logic , you are without direction.

Comment

ha-ha OTBOT didn't affect a single post of mine so far
                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

WTF
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                    WTF

Comment

According to Wikipedia:

Surgical removal of both testicles or chemical castration may be carried out in the case of prostate cancer [3], as hormone testoterone depletion treatment to slow down the cancer, or as testosterone depletion treatment to greatly reduce sexual drive or interest in those with 'deviant' sexual drives, obsessions or behaviors, or any combination of those.[4]

Male-to-female transsexuals, as well as some transgendered people, often undergo castration. Castration can be done before, during or in place of sex reassignment surgery.

A temporary chemical castration has been studied and developed as a preventive measure and punishment for several repeated sex crimes such as rape or other sexually related violence.

Voluntary chemical or surgical castration has been in practice in many countries; reports are available from Scandinavian and European countries, in particular, for the past eighty plus years (chemical for the last thirty or so years) as an option for effective treatment of child molesters, rapists and sexual sadists, allowing them to return to the community from otherwise lengthy detentions. In the case of chemical castration, on-going regular injections of anti-androgens are required.

Physical castration is highly effective as, historically, it results in a 20-year re-offense rate of less than 2.2%, much lower than what was otherwise expected.

Unfortunately, chemical castration seems to be even harder on bone density than is physical castration. Since the development of Forteo, this severe bone loss has been able to be reversed in nearly every case. At this time there is a limitation on the use of this medication to 24 months until the long-term use is better evaluated. There is also evidence that voluntary castration is used in modern societies for reasons such as control of libido, body modification and, in some cases of extreme sexual masochism, for purposes of sexual excitement (see paraphilia and apotemnophilia).

With the advent of chemical castration, physical castration is not generally recommended by the medical community.

An underground network of castrators (generally called "cutters") without medical licenses has formed. Surgery performed by untrained personnel outside a properly equipped medical facility is dangerous and there have been cases of severe bleeding and other medical emergencies. Alternatively, self-castration (or autocastration) is occasionally performed, though it carries significant risk. Many who desire castration travel to developing countries, where medicine is less tightly regulated, and have the procedure performed by a doctor.
                      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                        religion gives life direction, without it, by admittedly circular logic , you are without direction.
                        You still need your dad and mom to tell you what to do, Wiggie?

You are not a kid anymore, you should be able to find your own direction.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I can't even look at this thread without falling over in a ball of pain

So, last post for me I'm not even reading the rest of this

*throws up*
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

It's not the same as getting kicked in the nads.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Ouch
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X