Chevy's new ad campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy's new ad campaign

Chevy's new ad campaign consists of users telling the company how much they hate SUVs

For lazy 'Poly-tubbies:

One
    Two
    Three
    Four
    Five
    Six

link

And my very own (for the DG crowd): link

Honestly, it was an interesting idea, getting the people to make ads for you. Kinda fit the zeitgeist, in the era of do-it-yourself podcasting and the like, but...

The only problem was, the people are not always the brightest, or might not be thinking along the same lines as you.
    B♭3

Comment

This you CAN blame on DU: I could probably dig up easily the first thread that appeared there that opened the floodgates on abusing this campaign...

A few people came up with some real gems.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Re: Chevy's new ad campaign

Originally posted by dejon

And my very own (for the DG crowd): link
        Grog want tank!

I hope they use that one on television.

EDIT: Made one while I was there:
        Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; April 3, 2006, 18:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
          Honestly, it was an interesting idea, getting the people to make ads for you. Kinda fit the zeitgeist, in the era of do-it-yourself podcasting and the like, but...

The only problem was, the people are not always the brightest, or might not be thinking along the same lines as you.
          haven't seen the vids yet, but reminds me of a simpson's episode. When homer's long lost brother had an average joe (homer) design a car. The results were pretty funny.

Comment

Word's getting 'round...

GM slow to react to nasty ads

Democratic Underground

Some more gems:

Official Chevrolet site: see Chevy cars, trucks, crossovers & SUVs - see photos/videos, find vehicles, compare competitors, build your own Chevy & more.

Official Chevrolet site: see Chevy cars, trucks, crossovers & SUVs - see photos/videos, find vehicles, compare competitors, build your own Chevy & more.

Comment

The truck gets 15 mpg street and 19 highway so I'm not sure where these idiots come up with their 8 mpg figure. There are a ton of reasons not to like SUVs but to be to lazy or stupid to bother fact checking your own rhetoric is just lame.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

and if they hate suv's don't buy them.

the fact is people continue to buy these pieces of ****. So until that stops, get used to it.

Comment

haha - all that work and my munchkins love it
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    The truck gets 15 mpg street and 19 highway so I'm not sure where these idiots come up with their 8 mpg figure. There are a ton of reasons not to like SUVs but to be to lazy or stupid to bother fact checking your own rhetoric is just lame.
                    if 15 mpg is the official EPA estimates, realistic driving numbers is more like 10-12 mpg... depending on how you drive

if you drive like a grandma, slowly accelerating all the time, coasting very often, never hitting the gas, you will MAYBE... IF YOU ARE LUCKY, get the estimated city MPG...

of all the cars I've owned, all the driving I've done (and I delivered pizzas for years, keeping very maticulous records of my driving and gas consumption), very rarely did I even get close to above the city estimates...

and it's not restricted to any one auto manufacturer... I had a 96 Olds Cutlas, a 96 Camry, and a 99 Camry... two Toyotas and a GM product...

I've also driven my sister's 97 Monte Carlo (which she doesn't have anymore) and it was the same way...

The only cars that seem to get within the range of the EPA estimates are the hybrids we have now. They are great.

IMO, the EPA estimates are complete bull****. They must be under absolutely optimal conditions, and the person driving must be driving like they are in driver's ed or something... and in addition to that, they probably add a few points to those numbers.

But that's just from my experience based upon years of driving (for a job, 6-8 hours per day, 4-5 days a week, for about 5 years)... these were not scientific tests. But rather, real world experience... which, is what really matters.

What use is a scientific test or all this "EPA estimate" bull**** if the numbers aren't what you will actually get?
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                      15/19mpg is terrible.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

15/19mpg is terrible.
                        QFT
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

15/19mpg is terrible.
                          I agree but the claim made was that they got 8mpg. Is it not fair to say they were completely off the mark?

BTW my 11 year old 4 cylinder Ford Probe only gets around 26 city and 28 highway. 15/19 is bad but no where near what those people were claiming and infact is a big improvement over 15-20 years ago.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I drive a 20 mpg Explorer (I'd much rather have my Honda back, but my parents sold it). I only use it for driving to and from colllege, and when I'm transporting myself and others with a bunch of army equipment. I make use of it pretty well. I'll probably get a Ridgeline in a few years.
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

if 15 mpg is the official EPA estimates, realistic driving numbers is more like 10-12 mpg... depending on how you drive

if you drive like a grandma, slowly accelerating all the time, coasting very often, never hitting the gas, you will MAYBE... IF YOU ARE LUCKY, get the estimated city MPG...

of all the cars I've owned, all the driving I've done (and I delivered pizzas for years, keeping very maticulous records of my driving and gas consumption), very rarely did I even get close to above the city estimates...

and it's not restricted to any one auto manufacturer... I had a 96 Olds Cutlas, a 96 Camry, and a 99 Camry... two Toyotas and a GM product...

I've also driven my sister's 97 Monte Carlo (which she doesn't have anymore) and it was the same way...

The only cars that seem to get within the range of the EPA estimates are the hybrids we have now. They are great.

IMO, the EPA estimates are complete bull****. They must be under absolutely optimal conditions, and the person driving must be driving like they are in driver's ed or something... and in addition to that, they probably add a few points to those numbers.

But that's just from my experience based upon years of driving (for a job, 6-8 hours per day, 4-5 days a week, for about 5 years)... these were not scientific tests. But rather, real world experience... which, is what really matters.

What use is a scientific test or all this "EPA estimate" bull**** if the numbers aren't what you will actually get?
                              my truck was rated for 12 and 16. I actually got 14 and 18. Though it's 11 years old now, and I'm driving it harder than I did back when I got it. So I don't quite get 14 in the city anymore. Probably around 13.

Comment

Working...
                              X