X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: New Desktop Thread

Originally posted by Agathon
    Nope. An oak leaf.

And unlike homosexual computer science students, we philosophers have time to contemplate the beauty of the universe, and the sophistication to understand it.
    You only understand the peripheral and the surface; if you understood things on a deeper level modern "philosophers" wouldn't flunk out of physics, math, and other sciences that really do aid in the understanding of the universe.

Sissy essays about dead guys doesn't help us much in comparison.

(philosophers is in quotes -- you are no Plato)
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Rent a room, you two

You both speak greek, you'll both have a jolly 'ol time
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Mmmm, I see you're using the new Office.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

The graphs are prettier.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Work.... sigh...
            Attached Files
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

But then again, how many other people get to take the piss out of Tony Robbins at work?
              Attached Files
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

That's "work"?

Man, hopefully they pay you next to nothing.

Comment

Can somebody else other than Pinocchio post to this thread?
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

I haven't changed mine in a long, long time. This is the new one. I'd love to find some decent wallpapers based on european cartoons, stuff like Enki Bilal for example.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Nostromo; April 9, 2006, 22:54.

Comment

Here's a cool one taken from the work of Enki Bilal. What can I say, I'm bored
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Nostromo; April 9, 2006, 23:28.

Comment

The girl looks nice, the background is awful. Is there an easy way to put a better background instead?
                        Attached Files

Comment

This is tangentially related to desktops, but tonight I was experimenting with DivX 6.2's new high-movement codec settings by recording some Winamp milkdrop visualizations.

It's a huge improvement over 6.0/6.1 for fast-motion scenes, a torture test for codecs.

Anyway, the video is here (1:23 long, 7MB): http://www.ucalgary.ca/~drmilfor/milkdrop.avi

Requires any DivX codec to view, MP3 for audio.

Comment

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I didn't do a particularly good job here, but the easy thing to do is to paint in the big monochrome areas all into one color (preferably something not part of the main pic) and then "select by color" those regions, then "invert selection" to select only what you actually want, then paste it into a transparent gif ... then put whatever you want in the transparent areas

My images, first the red replacing the white and black, and then the pasted one. You'll see some white pixels and some red pixels that didn't quite take; the red ones i don't get, I think the bucketfill didn't work right, as it should be bucketfilling with only one exact color ... but you get the idea.

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Where did you find the pic nostromo? Shame about the background - too blinding to use for the desktop for very long.
                                Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Working...
                                X