Adam, Eve and the Apple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam, Eve and the Apple

I find this story sadistic. What is the point of this anyway?

I mean here we have a beautiful paradise, perfect place, where people go nude and stuff. Then, we got this snake, and all we know is that don't eat the apple! Everything is fine, but don't eat the apple.

What is that all about? You know, what's the offense? Eating an apple? Going against the word of God? I think the latter one is the crime, but God being almighty, he knows the apple will be eaten. SO what's the point? Kind of ... here's what you had, and now I'll take it away *swoosh* - ha-ha.

That's sadism.

OK it might be just a story. Maybe it didn't happen like that, maybe it's just a story. So if it's just a story, which it likely is, then there is a teaching buried in there. Again, what is it? Evil seduction is bad for you?

You know I think that lesson is bad for you. I advice every good Christian, and all other religionists and atheists and fellow people on earth to unlearn that lesson. It is BAD for you and here's why....

It's against human nature. We are, after all, all humans. If God created a human, I mean what did he expect to happen? Give a kid all the entertainment in the world and give him a book. Say that he can do all he wants, but never open that book. If I didn't say that, he might not ever read the book. But now that I planted this thought in his head, some day, curiosity wins. That's what makes the kid a human.

That lesson teaches us to obey authority and never to question it, or bad things will happen. THat's just a horrible lesson to learn. Always question everything. It's your duty to do that. The only one who ever benefits from not questioning is oppressive leaders.

So that lesson is crap, forget about it. Now some people who take the bible literally word by word might thing, well, you're out of line there supercitizen, you're questioning the word of God and it's not cool because SC is part of it and not an atheist.

Well I know something, and that something is that God would never be angry at me for saying these things. My mission is to be happy and do stuff. Not to lock myself in the basement and chop my willie off. My only rule is to not put obstacles for other peoples happiness, rather try to help them with it. That's it. There's no 'don't spit on wednesdays' rule. That's ridiculous. There's no point to it, and the point of obeying someones word because someone says so is crap.

The lesson of you should always do what your parents tell you, because they know better is also stupid. How's the kid going to learn anything if they never make mistakes? We're not making robots here. In order for true realization of things, it needs to be experienced first hand. THe obvious stupidities of course can be left undone, but some of them shouldn't be adviced against. The real lesson is, now that you've done it, what did you learn? That's the lesson. Learn the lesson. You're wiser now, don't do it again or find another way to do it.

Only through learning and education can we understand the world better, and each other. And only through understanding can we become a better society. And that understanding gives us the knowledge of not putting ourselves higher than the man next to me, meaning that I will understand that I should not go and restrict them from what they want to say, what they want to do or what ever. It's the freedom of individual that ultimately IS a social good. It benefits all of us. There's no greater minority than the individual.

God never adviced against this. Never. In fact, to use your own common sense is parallel to following your heart, they're not excluding each other. It means, if you think that this might not be a good idea, then it most likely isnt'. This might be hurting someone, then it likely will. Find another way.

So, eat the apples, in fact, get nude and eat the apples. Eat all of them and share them with your buddies. The paradise is the realization of the dream, and the freedom to pursue that dream without anyone trying to stop you because they think they know better. They don't. They're idiots.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

OTBOT rating: Not Enough Data? The bloke never shuts his face
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well do you think that God took the life of people, like *SWOOSHED* them into oblivion to make an example out of them, like 'I need a new episode in my new book, well, it seems like common sense this fellow never did anything wrong, and certainly didn't mean anything bad by this but I will take his life and vanish the dude just to make an example and give a brain tease to future theologists as what the hell I was thinking the lesson is'???

No. No no no... I mean, the God isn't some kind of Macchiavellian character who would rather be feared than loved. I mean to some people it is, to me it isn't. I'm sorry, but I just don't see that whole oppression/sadism thing working for me. Most old school, at least lutheran priests, go for the whole 'YOU WILL BURN IN HELL!' thing with all they talk. First 30 minutes is about the love he has for all of us, then the last 45 minuts is about 'chop your willie off NOW!'.. you know, that's nuts. How did you come to that conclusion after studying the books and stuff for years?

I'm tellign you these guys must of had torturing devices in their student housing rec rooms. I'm guessing some pretty sadistic games.

And in all these other sections too, punish yourself, regret everything. Be miserable. Forget about that.

I mean, lutheran, came from the Luther thing, the dude who put on some manifestos and flyers in the church doors about things like you can't buy your way to heaven, don't become a business church, what are you doing, taking the money to buy new bling bling?

So why didn't they follow through the most obvious thing he was trying to protest? Yes, now you can't buy your way to heaven with money, but if you don't listen to us, you will burn BURN BURN! Chop your willie off you pervert!

That's just weird. These guys, you know, weird. Also dark, super dark dudes. Go to them churches by the old school lutherans too, I don't mean in the US, choose a real old school country like Finland. Man.. they might as well strap you to the X-thingie and whip you and point out every mistake in your life and make you realize more mistakes you never thought were mistakes.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Yeah...all that
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

OTBOT is in a learning period now
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I think it's accurately grasped the essence of Pekka's posts now
            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I don't like the idea of this OTBOT giving ratings, it means that there is a written code that views the posts and measures it, and basically I feel that's against my privacy.
              In da butt.

Comment

we store all your posted data in a server hidden far away in texas. how's that for privacy?

Comment

I don't like the idea of new added features that do that. The ratings change too, so clearly this thing is patterning the posts by users.

is that somehow useful to this board? If not, then why would you put it there to begin with? If it is somehow useful, please explain. I do think it invades my privacy, so I think you should explain why you see this as necessary part of the board?
                  In da butt.

Comment

Mark G you think OTBOT has enough memory to hold all of Pekka's PASSION ?

That's at least 32 terabyes of online RAM you're gonna need
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

OTBOT rating
                      houston, we need a summary
                      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Well not to worry, I won't be helping OTBOT to pattern my posts if there's no good reason for it.

I take this stuff seriously. It's not paranoia, it's not trying to hide something, I think I post from the inside of my brain unfiltered, so what you get is a static brain moment of the time.

However, I do regard privacy issues seriously and I do not like the idea of increasing surveillance, especially electronic surveillance through patterning, collecting pieces of data in hopes for combining it at some point, business oriented data mining, I do not like these things. They're powerful, most people, even people who are into computers, don't realize the power of these things or surveillance. I don't want to be subjected to marketing, I don't like to be misunderstood by some suit either in business or security managment, because that information I can never contest if they get something wrong. I rather keep my rights in front of me like a huge stacks of chips, go all-in and fight for everyone of you gamblers.

Don't think I'm about Orwell, I'm about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Foucault this guy. If you have nothing to hide, good for you, that's not the point and people here should know it, a collective of international good brain power here. I like the idea of owning my own data. So if you are going to use my information in business, pay me, don't offer me ****. So in other words, I don't want my stuff to be handed over. There's just no good reason for it to me. I take this seriously. Best case scenario, there is none. Worse case, my information is used in things that are not of good nature.

Forget about it. This is part of building the surveillance society we already have, the observing thing through automatized systems, through what ever. I'd rather take the walls down than build new ones. Tear them down. I believe in society of forget and forgive. Some things are better to be forgotten, to give new chances to people. But now, it's impossible with these systems. We focus on who gets the access to them and how we should use them, rather than how long we should keep the data. The data is never truly deleted.
                        Last edited by Pekka; April 1, 2006, 07:07.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          So in other words, I don't want my stuff to be handed over.
                          we havent, we arent and we wont hand over your apolyton data to anyone
                          you can be sure of that

Comment

So what is the OTBOT for?
                            In da butt.

Comment

Oh I read the announcement. This is even bigger pile of crap than I first thought. I thought, well it's for amusement, another useless feature.

But behaviour monitoring patterning tool, to sort out spammers? What the **** is that about? I'm seriously disappointed at the new feature. I will seriously have to reconsider moving out. We'll see.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X