No announcement yet.

Thank you, Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DC cherry trees were indeed a gift from Japan. However, seeing as Japan also gave us Dragonball, Gundam, and Pokemon (plus all variants/imitations thereof), I say we should bomb them anyway. Not another nuke, mind you; just a little light powdering of ordnance to remind them who's in charge of their nation's defenses.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
      These times of cherry blossoms are lovely, but only truely enjoyable when I have my Allegra.

Curse the plants desire to spew their sperm all into everyone's eyes, in a bukakke orgy of floral reproduction!
      Well done Q^3 and the thread has cumm full circle
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
        The DC cherry trees were indeed a gift from Japan. However, seeing as Japan also gave us Dragonball, Gundam, and Pokemon (plus all variants/imitations thereof), I say we should bomb them anyway. Not another nuke, mind you; just a little light powdering of ordnance to remind them who's in charge of their nation's defenses.
        Pokemon is past
        Manga are now the in thing
        A genuine gain?
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

They gave us a bunch of those trees too but we've cut them down for a new square.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™
            They gave us a bunch of those trees too but we've cut them down for a new square.

Belgium has too few
            Squares. Perhaps we should export
            some, and be more hip.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Haiku is an art
              'Cuz it's hard in Japanese;
              In English, it's lame.

EDIT: Small meter error
              Now corrected, but my point
              Does not disappear.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Jews on safari —
                map, compass, elephant gun,
                hard sucking candies

Comment

I must now confess
                  What you guys are talking of
                  I don't comprehend

Comment

Me love you long time
                    Will be getting loving soon
                    Nihonji woman

I love the Cherry Blossoms in DC, even if my allergies make my head feel like it's being sledgehammered.
                    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Cherry blossoms peak
                      Just walked the tidal basin
                      As the gold sun set
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        you smell like herpes
                        I don't need your forgiveness
                        suck my nuts hippie
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The cherries aren't going to be very good here this year. The weather has been too random, so some cherries are already full while others haven't evened bloomed yet.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I"ve got some beautiful pictures of me and my ex girlfriends under the cherry blossoms...

Maybe I need to stop bringing girls there, I think they are cursed...
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                            X