Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of those interesting people stories.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of those interesting people stories.

I found this on NPR's website and thought I'd share it. Arthur Winston is a black man from Los Angles who just turned 100 years old and finally decided to retire. Since 1936 Arthur Winston has worked as a bus mechanic for the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority. That's right he worked there for 70 years and for all of tat time he missed just one day of work. Wow.

Last week, Arthur Winston reached two milestones. He turned 100 years old. And he retired from the job he held for more than 70 years. Winston had been maintaining buses at the L.A. Metropolitan Transit Authority. Asked why he stuck with the work, Winston's answer starts simply: "Well, I like my job."
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

That man is looking good for his age. Pretty cool.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

KH already posted this

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Seen him in a newspaper over here. Cool guy in a great country.

Comment

slacker

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            slacker
            What?

Comment

Really really old people always seem healthier than ordinary old people. My guess is that if they weren't so healthy, they'd just be dead.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

You're about a week late, Oerdin

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

bad thread titles don't deserve recognition.

How can this guy be effective at a physical job as bus maintenance person? How could he compete with the younger guys?

Comment

and his wife dying was no excuse to miss work. I have great attendence, and I don't get national recognition.

I haven't missed a single day of work the entire year I've been working.

Comment

Do it for 70 more years and you will get national recognition.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

This would not have happened in France.
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                          X