What are you hungry for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you hungry for?

I loved Katz's deli when I visited NYC. That little Jewish deli on Manhattan's lower east side has been run by the same family since 1888 and has been located in the same spot since 1888. One taste of the food and you know why it's been around for so long. Right now I'd kill for one of their knoblewurst on rye sandwhiches. They're so simple but delicious; nothing but rye bread, hot sliced knoblewurst made in house, and a smear of spicy mustard. Damn fine stuff especially with a pickle and a pickled green tomato on the side.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I thought this would be about goals in life. Maybe it is, and all you want is a sandwich?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Ass!

Ok... I'm not usually hungry though. I'm thirsty. Nothing like ice cold water
      Last edited by Pekka; March 29, 2006, 15:57.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Is everyone here a transplanted Californian?

I want chicken-fried steak, black eyed peas, and I don't care what kind of potato, but include some kind.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Huh? Since when is wurst a Californian food? Hell, how is a Kosher deli in NYC associated with California?

Comment

A really nicely done steak.

Comment

A good night's sleep and a lie in
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: What are you hungry for?

Originally posted by Oerdin
                I Damn fine stuff especially with a pickle and a pickled green tomato on the side.
                they didnt call it a "sour tomato"?
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

See LOTM's quote. Not my fault NY has no resistance to prune picker food.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What are you hungry for?

guess

Spec.
                    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Re: Re: What are you hungry for?

Originally posted by lord of the mark

they didnt call it a "sour tomato"?
                      I just ordered a pickle on the side and they gave me a small dish with sliced pickles and quartered green tomatos. They both tasted pickled but where crisp, ice cold, and delicious.

Comment

beer
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          See LOTM's quote. Not my fault NY has no resistance to prune picker food.
                          Prune picker food? It's hard to imagine a greasier or more tradiitional food then wurst (basically traditional sausages from central and eastern Europe). Knoblewurst is a type of heavily garliced wurst.

Comment

My friends hate me because (among other reasons) I can never decide what I want to eat. I'm never hungry for anything in particular. The best I can do is accept or reject suggestions given by others.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

gyro
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X