X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infant has an abortion

Surgeons Remove Two Fetuses From Infant

By PAUL GARWOOD, Associated Press Writer 56 minutes ago

Surgeons operated on a 2-month-old Pakistani girl Tuesday to remove two fetuses that had grown inside her while she was still in her mother's womb, a doctor said.

The infant, who was identified only as Nazia, was in critical condition following the two-hour operation at The Children's Hospital at Pakistan Institute of Medical Science in the capital, Islamabad, said Zaheer Abbasi, head of pediatric surgery at the hospital.

Abbasi, the chief doctor who led the operation, said the case was the first he was aware of in Pakistan of fetus-in-fetu, where a fetus has grown inside another in the womb.

"It is extremely rare to have two fetuses being discovered inside another," Abbasi told The Associated Press, adding that he did not know what caused the medical abnormality. "Basically, it's a case of triplets, but two of the siblings grew in the other."

The baby comes from Abbotabad, about 30 miles north of Islamabad. She is the fifth child of a woman in her 30s, who was at the hospital to be with her daughter. Her father works in the Arabian Gulf.

Abbasi said surgeons removed the two partially grown fetuses, totaling about two pounds, that had died at about 4 months.

Other fetus-in-fetu cases have been reported elsewhere in the world. A report in a June 2000 issue of the U.S. journal Pediatrics called such occurrences rare and estimated their rate at about 1 per 500,000 births.
    link: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...etus_in_baby_1

ZOMFG

I couldn't resist posting this

Seriously... what has our society come to. BABIES HAVING BABIES... or rather... ABORTIONS

what a little slut

and this is in Pakistan... so they will probably stone the infant to death for getting pregnant
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Nazia
    I know they don't like Jews, but ...

Comment

Was one of the fetuses inside the other dead fetus?!?!

You know, like those little painted Russian doll things that are shaped like eggs and open up to reveal a new one etc etc ROISFDE;I

Comment

PAKISTANI FETUS DOLLS
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I surely hope that young lady had her parents consent!

oh, and to the story.

Comment

oh wait a minute

if the fetus that was aborted had the father's DNA, wouldn't the police have to be called, because then the 2 month old would have been carrying a fetus that was her father's baby

INCEST

RAPE

ZOMFG

this is just too ****ed up man

OH... but what if they harvested eggs from those aborted fetuses? and then fertilized them and like, they came to term (in a surrogate mother)...

YOUR MOM COULD BE AN ABORTED FETUS FROM A 2 MONTH OLD INFANT

this is a scary world we live in
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Rad

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  PAKISTANI FETUS DOLLS
                  The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

I hope the newborn makes it through this rough start to her life.

Gatekeeper
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

but you can really brag to all your friends about this.

Comment

So, she had two dead foetuses in her for seven months? Frikken miracle she survived.
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Re: Infant has an abortion

The kids today.

Comment

they grow up so fast
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

what a little slut

and this is in Pakistan... so they will probably stone the infant to death for getting pregnant
                              Did you guys read the actual content of the article? Or is that some sort of elaborate sarcasm?

Surgeons operated on a 2-month-old Pakistani girl Tuesday to remove two fetuses that had grown inside her while she was still in her mother's womb, a doctor said. [..] She is the fifth child of a woman in her 30s
                              So yeah, an interesting fetus mutation probably caused by low-quality eggs which create a fubar situation along with too much sex after impregnation. Where's the outrage?
                              Last edited by RGBVideo; March 29, 2006, 12:19.

Comment

Working...
                              X