Meditation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meditation

I bet some of you people meditate here. I was thinking.. I don't know if this benefits me, I mean I'm sure it would but.. this is what I'm after..

I'm basically multitasking superhuman. That's the bottom line. But sometimes, when there's only one task to perform, I might get sidetracked easily, if no pressure from deadlines etc.

Then sometimes, I get into this zone, where I just rule the work. I just make the laws and truths, both sides of the brains BLAZING. It's a clear state of being in the zone. I usually achieve it when I'm under pressure.

What I'd like to learn is how to get into that zone, without the pressure. Because my method of doing things now is getting pressure, I have to create that pressure. That's not healthy. I'm a calm person and when I get intense, man, watch out neighbours. I'm not stopping. I'm rocking the whole night.

SO.... maybe meditation could help me get into the world of concentration and help me perform the puny little tasks with no pressure. You know.. it's like.. I need.. I want.. I grave pressure, too much tasks and too little time. Im flying then. I just.. even if I have to read and study in order to advance in the work, it flies. It's like I have this superbrain then.

What kind of meditation would work for me, gimme ideas, links and advices.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

meditation always seemed weird to me. I try to keep an open mind about this stuff. Maybe it only seems cool when asian guys do it. . People would just make fun of me if I meditated.

Comment

You see you got it there all wrong.. you think what others think of you. You're supposed to go inside yourself with meditation, I mean in your head and stuff.. like calm and stuff, breathe.. get your brains empty of stupid thoughts.

It helps. I just need to know what I should do, there are different kind of meditations etc and I know nothing of them.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I think sometimes a bit of pressure and stress gives us focus...it is the case for me. Too much is unhealthy...it is just getting the balance right...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Masturbation is much more fun than meditation. I wholeheartedly recommend it .
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Whether you masturbate or meditate you're still a ****er

Just to be clear (though unfunny) that wasn't directed at anyone.

Comment

I had a nasty temper when I was younger (middle school, early high school). Private meditation helped me focus my thoughts and allowed me to control and contain such negative emotion. I was going through a rough time and had I not started meditating to center myself I would have spun out of control. I shudder to think how I might've turned out leaving my teen years. Unfortunately, I haven't really meditated in a few years and my old tempers have crept back...

Meditating can take numerous different forms. It isn't just sitting full or half-lotus, fingers contorted, and chanting "ohm." A task as simple as folding clothes can become a form of meditation. Meditation is the act of focusing one's thoughts, not some cultish fad. It is present in any religion you look at, be it Buddhism, Christianity, animalism etc.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Yes. How about them links and advices.

OH and Drose, did meditaton have anything to do with your sexual preference?
                In da butt.

Comment

Erm, no. Kind of an odd question; I'm curious what made you think to ask that.

*Note: I need to go to bed now. I have class in 4 hours...
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I am a bad tempered git, and I am still trying to figure out a way to control it...
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Pekka,

Meditation will help you focus and clear your mind of clutter. It's something that takes practice. The more you do it the better and more efficient you get. I know there are places where you can get training in meditation. Practice, practice, practice.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The other thing about meditation is that you have to make it a part of your daily routine in order for it to be truly effective. If must become a part of your life, like brushing your teeth or exercising or going to work. You cannot simply do it when you need to do it, although it is useful to have the skill when you need it.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                          People would just make fun of me if I meditated.
                          Wouldn't they make fun of you anyway?

Comment

Here is a link to a good introductory book on the subject:

Comment

Here's something that a good friend of mine wrote about meditation. It's lengthy (13 pages) so I won't paste it here.

News, opinioni, recensioni, guide, rumors, novità e molto altro ancora!!
                              He's got the Midas touch.
                              But he touched it too much!
                              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                              X