No announcement yet.

Man Accidentally Divorces Wife in Sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recall that, at least in times previous, villages would have designated individuals whose job it essentially was to sleep with divorced wives should they wish to remarry. I remember thinking that this must be a really great job, especially since they got paid for it, but then I realized it's still just being a male prostitute. Somehow I don't think women sleeping with you just to get back to their husbands is going to make for very passionate encounters. This might serve a good purpose, however - if the village remarriage-manwhore is a dirty old man, you're less likely to divorce on a whim, right?
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
      Stupid people...And we wonder why the world is in the state it is now.
      QFT.

Comment

Re: Re: Man Accidentally Divorces Wife in Sleep

Originally posted by CerberusIV

Which just goes to prove that women are usually completely incapable of keeping their mouths shut no matter how good the reason.
        sig material
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Its just funny how Islam is all about chastity and avoiding sex and such, yet the solution for mumbling in your sleep is for the woman to go screw another man.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Its just funny how Islam is all about chastity and avoiding sex and such

Really? You do know that Islamic countries did have legalized prostitution (in the form of one hour marriages), right?

I believe you are getting it confused with Catholicism.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
              Its just funny how Islam is all about chastity and avoiding sex and such, yet the solution for mumbling in your sleep is for the woman to go screw another man.
              chasticy is a Catholic/Christian concept. Few religions (and certainly not Islam) requires their priests to remain a virgin.
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

I think Ozzy is referring to the more popularized and well-known extremes of Sharia, where infidelity is punished with a Scarlet Letter.

No, wait, that's Christianity.

Stoning! That's what Sharia does.
                B♭3

Comment

It's better than accidently marrying a woman in your sleep I suppose.

Comment

So here's an important question. How do I get on the list to be this "other" man that women have to sleep with when they divorce their husbands?

Comment

For all you know, she could weigh 300 lbs.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It would be worth shaggging a couple 300 pound women to have access to all the hot ones. Assuming this same guy gets to sleep with all divorced women. It's possible they just rotate the duties through all the single men. I wouldn't want that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                          It's better than accidently marrying a woman in your sleep I suppose.
                          Isn't that just what most people do in Vegas other than the gambling?
                          B♭3

Comment

I've seen what women in these remote villages look like. I wouldn't touch that job.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              I've seen what women in these remote villages look like. I wouldn't touch that job.
                              I thought that was why you joined up!

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                                I think Ozzy is referring to the more popularized and well-known extremes of Sharia, where infidelity is punished with a Scarlet Letter.

No, wait, that's Christianity.

Stoning! That's what Sharia does.
                                Yup
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X