Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your inspiration?

Who inspires you?

I'm in emotional love with Klaus Kinski. He is, of course dead.. but WHAT a brilliant man!!!! Awesome. I've been collecting his movies, most notably the Herzog movies. Only one word describes this man; Brilliant.

"His last stage appearances were in November 1971, part of his "Jesus Tour", a one-man show in which Kinski reinterpreted the Gospels with Jesus as a ranting psychopath."

"Some of Kinski and Herzog's arguments during these productions have been preserved on both tape and film, with both apparently threatening to even kill each other during one heated dispute. The love-hate relationship between the two obsessive men drove them to creative heights, but eventually to a final split in 1987. Herzog's retrospective on his work with Kinski was released in the United States as My Best Fiend (1999)."

Kinski is such a psychopath, you can not but love him for it. He has PASSION.

ANyway, who's your inspiration?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that he inspires you
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Have you seen the Herzog's movie with Kinski about a guy who wants to bring opera to the jungle? Well, I haven't seen the movie, but I've seen the documentary about the filming of the movie and it's simply brilliant! People die all over the place, Herzog philosophises about the mystery of the jungle, there are accidents, a minor war with the indians, Kinski is just being there and being crazy... there probably wasn't a normal person on the set

Find it on p2p and see it today, I recommend it

Comment

Is that the movie where the indians offered the film crew to kill Kinski?
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

yeah man. It's crazy.. Every Herzog Kinski movie are CRAZY. I mean the 'behind the scenes'. It's truly insanity, and they both have passion and they just go on, keep on doing things. It's just.. I mean, was it Herzog or Kinski who had a shotgun in the set ,threatning to shoot anyone who left the set.. Kinski beat some dude with a sword, well to the helmet but still, for some reason.. an extra too..

Check out the My Best Friend. It is... insanity meets insanity, that equals brilliance.

I Kinski. He shall be my spiritual mentor. I am afraid I can not reach his insanity
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

My parents. Both of them.

I want what they had and have.

I want to be healthy mentaly and physically, be comfortable financialy and be able to do want I want when I want, or almost. And I want the best teamate ever. That's it.

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I mean, I don't want to reach the top of his insanity.. more quotes from wiki, so that the people who don't know Kinski or Herzog might have a chance to see brilliance:

"Kinski was an extremely hard worker and strove for perfection, but was frequently at odds with co-workers and directors, and rarely a team player. On one infamous occasion Kinski hurled a lit candelabra from the stage at an audience deemed insufficiently appreciative, almost burning the theatre down. On another, whilst filming Aguirre: The Wrath of God, irritated by the noise from a hut where cast and crew were playing cards, Kinski fired three shots at it, blowing the top joint off one extra's finger. Subsequently Kinski started leaving the jungle location (over Herzog's refusal to fire a sound assistant), only changing his mind after Herzog threatened to shoot Kinski and then himself."
              In da butt.

Comment

I have no inspiration - I clumsily beat my own path through the dense undergrowth of life
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I have inspiration - I just need the motivation.

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

My eternal inspiration is and will always be Comrade Tassadar
                    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Music : Kristin Hersch / Throwing Muses, Frank Black / Pixies, Bob Mould / Sugar, The Stranglers
                      Sport : Thierry Henry, Roger Federer, Dan Wheldon
                      Written word : Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett

My girlfriend for the last ten years who I was born to love

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
                        My eternal inspiration is and will always be Comrade Tassadar
                        Tass

I still have some of his anthems...

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

What inspires me? I'd like to say Pekka, but that's my answer for everything.

Oh heck! I'll say Pekka! Why change from the tried and true?

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Chess inspires me. Very passionate game.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Musicians, especially jazz musicians, who keep innovating, year after year, well into old age.

It's easy to just crank out the same tired sh*t for pre-sold fans, like the Rolling Stones. It's trite to burn bright and burn out quickly, like everyone from Charlie Parker to Jimi Hendrix to Kurt Colbain.

But it's inspiring to go the distance:

Duke Ellington formed his first band in 1923, and was still innovating on "Afro-Eurasian Eclipse" in 1971, only 3 years before he died.

Dizzy Gillespie joined his first band in the 1930's, helped invent bop, pretty much single-handedly drew North American attention to Afro-Cuban jazz, and was still going strong in the late 70s and early 80s, during which time he discovered Arturo Sandoval and led the UN Jazz Orchestra. (Then his health faded, but he hung on 'til 1993).

Sonny Rollins started recording in the mid-1940s. He cut one of the most essential jazz albums of all time (Saxophone Colossus), and recorded with Miles Davis, John Cotrane, Thelonious Monk, and Dizzy Gillespie, among many others. His most recent album, released last year, is Without a Song: The 9/11 Concert (he was very close to Ground Zero on 9/11) and it shows that he still has a few tricks left.

Duke
                              Diz
                              Sonny
                              50+ year careers full of creativity and innovation from start to finish
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X