• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shocking truth behind China's phenomenal growth: Boiled babies

Wow, what a loon.

Communists boiled babies: Berlusconi

From correspondents in Naples
    27mar06

ITALIAN Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, fighting for re-election against a centre-left coalition which includes the hard left, said today communists have a history of boiling babies.

"I have been accused many times of saying communists eat babies," he told a rally of his Forza Italia (Go Italy!) party.

"Go and read the black book on communism and you'll find that under Mao's China they didn't eat babies but they boiled them to fertilise the fields.

"They say we look to the past too much, but they forget that in the opposition there are three parties who proudly call themselves communists."

Mr Berlusconi has often been accused of being obsessed with the "communist threat" in Italy, a country where during the Cold War the communist party was bigger than anywhere else in western Europe.

In the run-up to winning the 2001 election, Berlusconi said: "I can organise a conference in which I will prove communists have really eaten babies and done even worse things."

With the collapse of the Berlin Wall and the Soviet Union, most of the Italian Communist Party transformed itself into the Democrats of the Left, now Italy's main opposition party.

But smaller breakaway communist parties still exist.

The biggest, Communist Refoundation, is likely to poll 6-7 per cent of the vote at the April 9-10 election, opinion polls indicate. Another party, Italian Communists, may get up to three per cent.

Polls put the centre-left bloc, led by former European Commission President Romano Prodi, 4-5 percentage points ahead of Mr Berlusconi's centre-right.
    With the bolded part, I imagine we're still waiting for him to organize that conference where he reveals THE TRUTH to us mere mortals. The commies are coming! The commies are coming! Good God, that is sooo 1950's.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

I seem to recall plenty of people under communist rule eating babies during collectivization famines, but communists didn't eat any.
    Unbelievable!

Comment

And it's not like they ate their own babies.
      Switched with a neighbour. I quess it tastes better?
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

His proof will be fuzzy satellite photos of Iraq.

"And these truck like things, they're communists boiling babies."
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

and it's yet so sad that he's still a valid choice, if compared to his political opponents
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

It's common practice in China to put babies in cosmetic products for export. Until someone calls them on it, then they proceed to do it a bit more quietly.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
              It's common practice in China to put babies in cosmetic products for export.
              Organic products
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

What's small and pink and knocks on glass?
                A baby in a microwave.

What's grosser than 10 babies stapled to a tree?
                1 baby stapled to ten trees.

What's grosser than gross?
                A garbage can full of dead babies.

What's grosser than that?
                The one at the bottom is still alive.

He has to eat his way to freedom.

He goes back for more.

Classics, all.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Errrrrrr............................What of the reports of cannibalism in North Korea?
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

North Korea doesn't bother anyone's exportations
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                        North Korea doesn't bother anyone's exportations
                        Where's my dog?
                        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

north korea might as well be mars
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
                            I seem to recall plenty of people under communist rule eating babies during collectivization famines, but communists didn't eat any.
                            There have been reports that cannibalism occured during the Great Leap Forward, which may be what Berlusconi is referring to. But as you point out, it was the PEASANTS who were starving, I dont think the Party Members were.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Ahhh yes Peasant under glass, a fine delicacy.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X